Space Bar not working?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProLink

Aug 2, 2007
My bottom row on my keyboard stopped working. The numbers, space bar and return key's don't work. The bottom row works on other things such as home screen, ipod and phone options along the bottom. Anyone have any advice or have this problem?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
My bottom row on my keyboard stopped working. The numbers, space bar and return key's don't work. The bottom row works on other things such as home screen, ipod and phone options along the bottom. Anyone have any advice or have this problem?
Do you reset it yet?

Hold down the on/off button and the home button until you see the Apple logo.

ProLink

Aug 2, 2007
It seems to work in landscape mode but the buttons are different (no space bar and return) and the programs i normally type in don't do landscape mode.

gbby65

Jul 6, 2007
Queens, NY
Apple tried to charge me for the loaner

It seems to work in landscape mode but the buttons are different (no space bar and return) and the programs i normally type in don't do landscape mode.
Exact same keyboard dead spot issue happened to my phone. It happened, curiously enough, right after the latest update. I can hardly wait for the next.

After contacting Apple (800- my Apple) I'm to receive a loaner and they estimate repairing the original in 5-10 days. I was charged $30.00 for the loaner but after some polite haggling I was able to get the charge lifted. I mean, C'MON this is a $600 phone that I had no hand in damaging!

Please be sure to insist on getting the fee waiver before you give them your credit card information and getting a confirmation & repair number. If you don't, they'll credit the credit card only after you receive the bill, and contacting them again, etc...

low23

Jul 13, 2007
Same exact thing happened to me, I am sending it off within the next week or so. If you don't care let the rest of us know what they say about it, like if you get another phone etc.

Thx

acasas

Oct 9, 2007
My iPhone started doing the same thing today. I tried restart, and restore from iTunes to no avail. Called the Apple and they want me to ship it to them and pay for a loaner phone.

Does anybody know a fix or should I start getting the bubble wrap out?

ac