Space between screen and backing

smiles985

Jul 24, 2007
California
Hello! I had a problem with my phone a while back, so i went to Apple and got another. Now, about a month later, I was cleaning my screen and felt something at the edge. I checked to see what was there, and noticed that there is a space between the screen and the silver casing on the phone. Theres stuff getting stuck in the spaces! It is a refurb phone. Anyone else notice this on theirs-refurb or original? If not, Im going back and getting a NEW phone. Thanks!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
go back, son, go back! It's all wrong!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Mine is slightly separated but only because I've dropped my phone numerous times. I would suggest taking it back to Apple and having them give you another phone. That is of course assuming you haven't dropped the phone yourself.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
there is a very very small space in between the silver edge and the screen
i cant even feel it when i slide my finger across it so i doubt much stuff would get stuck in there

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
i got peanut butter stuck there once.

don't ask how, and don't ask why.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
If you mean a spac between the screen and bezel many iPhones have a small crack where dust etc. gets stuck in. I started a thread about it a monthe or two ago. Dosen't mean you have to live with it, you can try your chances at exchanging it.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
easy way to get the dust out: take a post-it note and stick the sticky part in the crack and just slide it back and forth a few times and the dirt will be gone

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
a little bit of alcohol on a cotton swab should work on a normal-sized crack.

Man that sounded nasty.

chris5468

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Springfield,il
yes ive got the same thing but I did not think of it as a problem so I guess I'll try to exchange it :/

H

Hayesimus

yeah i'm fairly certain that ALL iPhones have some amount of space between the bezel and the glass. How many times have you had a hair pulled? At least for those who have sideburns or strategicaly placed hairs that would come into contact with the crack...

smiles985

Jul 24, 2007
California
my first iPhone didn't have a space, at least not a noticeable one. My new one does, its a refurb, so I thought that might have something to do with it.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
^^ strategically placed hairs.. lmao...

but my first iPhone had a really quite large crack, and I got like millions of things in there... quite the annoyance.

my second, a week 08 build, is much better in that sense.