Space Between screen and Bezel

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I was hoping some other iPhone owners could cue in here. On my iPhone around the screen there is a crack between the screen and chrome bezel. In some areas around the screen the crack is larger, large enoungh to fit a fingernail in and dust particles seem to build up and get caught in the cracks.
I am wondering is this normal or does everyone elses iPhone have a seemless fit from screen to bezel? Or do others have a screen that has larger cracks in certain areas between the screen and bezel, almost like it's a tad off center. Thanks for any help!:)

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I have a similar issue. My larger "crack" is near the top where the bottom is pretty seamless.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Mine is a seamless fit all around but I still get my facial hair caught in there sometimes. That hurts :)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I remember you posting about this before. Sounds like a quality control issue.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I remember you posting about this before. Sounds like a quality control issue.
I have never posted about this before. On mine the right side has a larger gap and the left is sealmess. On the right side it looks kinda bad as dust etc. gets caught in the crack. Is yours uniform and seamless?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I have never posted about this before. On mine the right side has a larger gap and the left is sealmess. On the right side it looks kinda bad as dust etc. gets caught in the crack. Is yours uniform and seamless?
Well then someone has the same problem as you. You are certainly not the first to bring this up.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Have you dropped the phone? I'm assuming not, but I'm sure that would throw it off a bit. Mine's seamless all around thankfully.

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
I guess mine is a little uneven. I'm talking millimeters or even less. Hardly enough for me to ever notice before you pointed it out or enough to piss me off. My first phone had an overhanging bezel. It hung over the side it was real annoying

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
also,

my bezel is slowly parting with the back of my phone.

i suppose it is because i dropped it from about 3 feet up onto TILE.

ouch.

i also think that there is a dent there somewhere.

ah well.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I bought another iPhone today. The crack is still uneven and there are some gaps berween the screen and bezel but it's definitely better than the other one. Still kinda lame the edges of the screen are a lint/dust trap. Oh well, looks like I have to live with it.

Posted fr. iPhone