Speaker and mic not working.

tyoung

Bronze
Nov 1, 2007
So Cal
Well after only having it a little over a month, my iPhone is gonna have to go to the genius bar. It will ring, but won't play songs from the iPod. When I get a call, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I tried rebooting, and even did a restore, nothing. Hope they can just give me a new phone outright. :(

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Well after only having it a little over a month, my iPhone is gonna have to go to the genius bar. It will ring, but won't play songs from the iPod. When I get a call, they can't hear me and I can't hear them. I tried rebooting, and even did a restore, nothing. Hope they can just give me a new phone outright. :(
Try taking the earbuds and plugging them in and taking them out a few times. This has happened to me a couple times and I read somewhere that this works and sure enough it did.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
no problem! I remember the relief I felt when I found this solution. I was so frustrated when that happened, with the thought of having to return my iPhone.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Not sure but someone once suggested that the contact in the bottom of the headphone plug "well" does not fully disconnect when the headphones are unplugged so you sometimes get no sound and sometimes get partial sound.