Speaker Buzz

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by iErik, Jan 30, 2013.

1. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I'm surprised I haven't seen this posted ... unless I'm the only one experiencing it. My iPhone5 makes speakers buzz. Not exactly like the iPhones did back before 4g (GSM interference), but very similar. Right now, as I sit here and update my phone, it's making by computer speakers buzz. Move it a little and it stops. Then it starts right back up a minute or two later. Same thing happens at work.

It's noting major; just a minor annoyance, but am I the only one experiencing this? Just curious.

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

What you are hearing is the radio transmissions from the phone being unintentionally pickled up by a nearby sound system. It normally won't happen unless your within a couple feet of the amplifier. Most audio amplifiers are susceptible to this kind of interference, some more than others. It's nothing unusual. Every cell phone I've ever had, starting with my first Motorola "Brick" has caused it to one degree or another.

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Happens when my laptop or phone is close to my land line telephone for some reason. So easy fix...I move it (iPhone) to the other side of the desk. Problem solved.

4. emhcee

emhcee Member
    Bronze

Not sure this is the same thing, but... I use my iPhone in the car as an iPod, and I have it plugged into my stereo via rca (red&white) to headphone jack. Using my old iPhone 4, I kept the volume on the phone at about 75% and used the volume on the stereo, and the sound was perfect.

Now using my iPhone 4s, there is a horrible hissing noise to the audio, and if I turn the phone's volume up to 100% it mostly goes away, unless I turn up the car stereo to listen to the song loudly, then you can still hear it's there.

I can sort of make it go away if I play with the cord in the headphone jack, pulling it out slightly or twisting it some. Very frustrating.

5. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Thanks for the replies. I thought it might have something to do with LTE. My iPhone4 never had an effect like this on speakers unless it switched to Edge.