Speaker died. DEAD!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by up10ad, Oct 1, 2012.

1. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

So I'm driving down the road listening to music without headphones (forgot them), and my speaker suddenly crackles a few times and then is silent. I check everything, reboot, hard reset; nothing. It just died. Since I purchased online via AT&T I stop in the local store and find that they are just opening their first restock shipment since release. They confirm the problem and give me a replacement without hesitation. I did a quick iCloud backup on the spot, wiped my phone and now I'm a happy camper. I'm at home restoring from iCloud and re-syncing all my apps, photos (14,745), and other stuff.

This is my first operational issue with any iPhone and I started with the first. I did exchange my 3GS for a refurb after the back case cracked at 360 days. I'll have to see if this one exhibits any WiFi issues, especially when connected to a signal using AES.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Wow, that was great timing! Glad to hear you got a replacement from AT&T so fast.

3. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor
    Silver

I know this may sound silly, but is it possible the output from the song (too loud) may have caused the speaker to fail?

4. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I guess that could be, but to me, that implies that Apple didn't match the speaker design to the capabilities. In actuality, it wasn't very loud.

5. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Well, it could be worse ...
    W3jj9.jpg