Speaker died, no sound coming from iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
please anyone please help me. my speaker died
everything works, the ringtones and such, but there are no clicks on keyboard, or through speaker while the music is on, i don't know if anyone else has the same issue, but please i need to know what happen to my iPhone
i tried resetting it, restart, but nothing happen. the volume is on max and no sound thought the speaker.
please help! any idea would be nice:mad:

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Try plugging your headphones in and out while playing the iPod. You may have to do it several times but it should clear the problem. Good luck!

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
everything works, the ringtones and such, but there are no clicks on keyboard, or through speaker while the music is on, i don't know if anyone else has the same issue, but please i need to know what happen to my iPhone
i tried resetting it, restart, but nothing happen. the volume is on max and no sound thought the speaker.
check the swith above the volume controls on the left of the phone.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Try plugging your headphones in and out while playing the iPod. You may have to do it several times but it should clear the problem. Good luck!
i really hope so, im already doing the hardcore restore of iTunes, and its loading, as soon as its done im gonna give it a shot,
hopefully nothing bad happen, because i almost cried when i first played a song on my speaker.
thank you soo much:p

i really don't wanna send it back to Apple or do anything that would leave my iPhone vulnerable for any damages.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Unless you have a very rare problem, you should not have to send it in for repair. Be sure to let us know your result.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
YES! it worked! im so happy now. thank you so much!.
but seriously, wat was that about, i never heard of that case before, and neither did i get any info from Apple.
:(

but its fixed, and thats all it mattered. thank you!

Fidous

Sep 15, 2007
I had a similar problem. I could temporarily only listen to voicemail, phone and music on headphones. external ear speaker and /or speaker phone would not function. tried hard reset w/o success. then I just inserted and removed the headphones while listening to a voicemail and it worked. has not happened again.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
YES! it worked! im so happy now. thank you so much!.
but seriously, wat was that about, i never heard of that case before, and neither did i get any info from Apple.
:(

but its fixed, and thats all it mattered. thank you!
You're very welcome. I've had the issue once myself and have seen it posted fairly frequently. I'm surprised that many of the Apple techs have not been informed of the solution by now.

Enjoy your phone!