Speaker Interference

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
When my Im on my computer and I have my iPhone sitting my computer desk whenever I receive a phone call or a text message it causes interference which reverberates out of my computer speakers, same goes when Im in my truck. I can always tell right before I get a text message or a phone call because this static type sound comes through my computer/truck speakers first.

It's not so bad when Im on my computer because I can always move my cell phone a couple of feet away from my computer and it stops but when Im in my truck the interference is non stop and the only way to get it to stop is to turn off my phone.

I was talking to Apple support on a land line and let the tech support hear it and she had no idea what it was or why the iPhone would cause that type of interference.

I was thinking it has something to do with Bluetooth but I have the Bluetooth turned off on the iPhone so now I don't have a clue as to what it could be.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
No, it's a common phenomenon with GSM cell phones and inadequately shielded speakers.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
Thanks Joe, other than rewiring my speaker system is there a fix? The computer wouldn't be a problem but the truck could be expensive and time consuming.