Speaker issue

Jul 2, 2007
Hi all,

I noticed that one (out of two total) of the small speakers on the bottom of the phone, near the input jack for charging, etc., is not working anymore. Sound only comes from one of the speakers.

Do you imagine this is something Apple will fix (by fix, I mean, give me a new phone) without hassle if I visit the store?

Just not sure how or if it falls under any kind of protection plan (which I don't have).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jul 2, 2007
You know what, that makes a lot of sense! And I feel quite silly for asking now! Haha...I think what caught me off guard was listening to a song using the iPod, and having it sound like one of the audio channels in the song was missing - like I couldn't hear the guitar track and just drums and vocals or something like that! Maybe I was hearing things! Oh well, thanks for that :)

rmfnla

Bronze
I think someone else made this same mistake a few months ago.

I seem to rememeber him/her getting a lot of guff for it; apparently it's not an uncommon error.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
It is by far the #1 question asked by new people to the iPhone. You don't know if you don't ask. You will get some ribbing, but it is all in fun as we have had this asked many times.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It is easily the most popular question for new iPhone users. No stereo speaker sound, sort of a bummer.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Might have been someone else; I only joined in June and I remember the post (unless it was bumped...).
You are correct. This was brought up not too long after the 3G was released, but this question started from the time Apple released the first phone. It has become a standing joke on the forum.:)

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
But which one is which?

Heheh -- just kidding, but I've noticed that the replies to this particular question have been gentler in recent weeks compared to a year ago.

Well no doubt I'm curt about it. However, I can't get worked up over and over again about the one speaker thing.

Not like I can about iPhoneringtonemaker. Bunch of crooks.