Speaker: Music Volume louder than Video Volume?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I was trying to watch some episodes of the State the other night at the hotel and the heater was on, which as you can imagine was pretty loud. I went to turn up my volume and realized it was already at max which surprised me because I couldn't hear a thing. Baffled, I switched to music and I could hear it just fine over the heater. I then decided to try other video files, all of which were purchased from iTunes at Apple's video settings, and in each case, the audio was impossible to hear over the heater, lol.

Music is just fine, its just video that falls short. Is there some kind of setting I may be missing somewhere on my host computer like in iTunes? I've been stumbling on to different settings here and there in iTunes that would affect how they play on my iPhone, which I haven't noticed as options on my iPhone ironically.

Apr 25, 2008
I am also experiencing the same low video volume on my touch. Have you found/heard of a solution?

I was trying to watch some episodes of the State the other night at the hotel and the heater was on, which as you can imagine was pretty loud. I went to turn up my volume and realized it was already at max which surprised me because I couldn't hear a thing. Baffled, I switched to music and I could hear it just fine over the heater. I then decided to try other video files, all of which were purchased from iTunes at Apple's video settings, and in each case, the audio was impossible to hear over the heater, lol.

Music is just fine, its just video that falls short. Is there some kind of setting I may be missing somewhere on my host computer like in iTunes? I've been stumbling on to different settings here and there in iTunes that would affect how they play on my iPhone, which I haven't noticed as options on my iPhone ironically.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I don't believe that the audio settings for the ipod functions translate to video. For audio with Video, (or video with audio...whatever) the audio levels are predetermined and imbedded by the encoder. Once formated, there isn't a whole lot you can do except increase your player volume.
If ALL video seems weaker than audio tracks, do you possibly have a setting for the iPod that increases your output for your mp3's and mp4's?

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD

If this is a video that you ripped from a DVD, and then encoded to MP4 format, you can adjust the encoding volume - thereby making it louder. Usually, it is on a default normal setting.

What encoding package are you using?

Here are some threads I found. Good luck! :)

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=186056&highlight=movie+volume

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=153710&highlight=volume

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=160177&highlight=volume

Jun 9, 2008
Volume on Video and Phone

Ok so I fixed my volume by going into settings then Ipod. Go into EQ and set setting to Treble Boost. This seems to be the best setting for Video. Try all of them and see which works best for you. You also want to turn volume limit off. Hope it helps!;)

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
videos don't seem too bad but i find that taking a call with the headphones is hard to hear

it starts the first ring out loud (good volume) and then lowers itself for some reason
anyone else notice that?