speaker sound quality an volume?

Jun 27, 2007
So the new iPhone 3G. How does the sound compare to the first generation iPhone? Is it noticebly louder or not?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I put my V1 and V2 side to side and the difference is so great. I have to say I'm really impressed with the improvement.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I was listening to some bass-heavy tracks on my friend's 3G at full volume and there was no discernible distortion or breaking-up. It seemed a tad louder, but not overly... it was just much, much clearer. To get that level of clarity on a V1, you'd have to turn it down several notches from full blast.

Being an audio guy by trade, I was very impressed.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
i used the speaker but it seemed to be a little low. could be because i was driving

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I think the real issue is call quality and the ear speaker...

do you guys really go around using the speakers for music listening?

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i think the external speakers are a tad louder, but definitely better quality as Dave said.

As far as call volume, much improved. Call clarity is also much improved.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
don't have one yet, but disappointed in reports on sound being better. Its one of the few things that have bugged me all along -- can hardly use it on speaker phone unless very quiet environment. My wifey's cheap Hue is so much better.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
don't have one yet, but disappointed in reports on sound being better. Its one of the few things that have bugged me all along -- can hardly use it on speaker phone unless very quiet environment. My wifey's cheap Hue is so much better.
I agree..really sad my $400 v1 has poorer quality speaker and sound quality for calls...this is the only reason for me to upgrade but really is BS

If I had known the speaker and call quality was as bad on the iPhone(maybe more an issue of ATT..I live in Tampa FWIW) I would have stayed with my Razr and Verizon

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I think the real issue is call quality and the ear speaker...

do you guys really go around using the speakers for music listening?
I find I'm using the speaker, more than the earbuds. I did the pin mod on my V1, and it work's great, for me anyway. I understand that we may not be able to do the pin mod on the 3G, and it sounds as though we may not need to. :cool: