Speaker volume question

memnautikus

Bronze
Nov 6, 2007
thomasville ga
I just ordered my 3GS and was wondering if anyone can tell me if the ringtone volume is louder? My 1st gen iPhone's speaker totally sucked. Missed calls. Somebody please let me know if this time it's better and louder. Thank you.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Create loud ringtones u all say. But how? I know I can create but determine how loud they can go? I'm lost, like a dog in heat after eating clams.
One way I have created loud ringtones is using the voice memos application and record whatever you want as your ringtone just turn the volume up on whatever is being recorded (ex: turn up computer/tv speakers fairly loud, but not too high cause the voice memos app picks up sound really well, you don't want it to be distorted, and hold the mic close to the speaker). When you sync your phone they are put into a voice memos playlist and from there you can play them even louder on the computer, unless it is loud enough when you play it back on the phone. Don't forget to play it back on the phone speaker by tapping 'speaker' in the top left corner, that way you will basically know how it sounds.

Then follow these steps:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2160460_custom-iphone-ringtones-free.html

http://www.theiPhoneblog.com/2008/12/27/tekzilla-iphone-ringtones-itunes/

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I just played the ring tones side-by-side on my V1 and my 3Gs. While it could still be louder, there is a noticeable difference. I don’t know how to describe it except that that when I played a tone with lyrics on both phones, the 3Gs would drown out the V1 so that you could not hear the words on the V1.

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
OK someone lucky enough to have received the new iPhone 4 please enlighten me on the speaker volume. I will be attempting to wait it out for the white iPhone but I am very anxious to see if Apple upgraded the speaker quality and volume. To me this was one of the biggest problems on the previous 3 iPhones. Whenever playing a youtube video or listening to music in anything other than a quiet room....was hard to hear. Is it louder at all?

Mac574

Bronze
May 29, 2010
574, Indiana
i think the speaker volume sounds real good...even though i cant give input on the previous iPhones but for my 1st iPhone ever it lives up 2 what i expected

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Definitely an improvement, volume and quality wise. And it's about time too. The speaker has also been moved to the other opening, aka bottom right. Doesn't make much of a difference only it makes it a little harder to cup the speaker to enhance the volume.

Drumcorp69

Bronze
Jun 15, 2010
I would say it is a BIG step up. I actually had a whole conversation today via speaker phone while I surfed the web. I couldn't do that before because I could not hear the other person. They said it sounded great.

ant7701

Bronze
Mar 5, 2009
Thank God! My 3G speaker is horrible. I hate the fact that I have to constantly cup the phone when trying to show someone a video on youtube. Its such an annoyance and embarrasment. Any chance that the newer speaker volume is comparable to the Motorola Droids speaker? Those things are louuuuudd!

robryan29

Jun 29, 2009
NYC
Is anyone else's speaker volume low when playing music? I noticed a few other (wife's, friends, etc.) iPhone4's speaker are blasting when they play music. Also, the BlackBerry's speakers crank, too. Any ideas/suggestions? My iPhone4 is about a year and a half old, in mint condition. Thanks!

iSystem

Dec 27, 2011
The only suggestion i have is tap on settings then music, check your equalizer setting and volume limit.

Sεnd frΘm my ipħΘnε using iCafe app

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 8, 2010
Anderson, SC
My cousin is having same problem. His volume is so low, you can barely hear the person talking to you or songs playing. The volume is all the way up. A hard reset fixed it for only a minute or two. Also, his "music" won't play, only stuff on YouTube. Any ideas?!?

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
If the sound is low, you can try restarting the phone, plugging in and taking out the headphones, hard reset the phone(hold home and sleep/wake button until the Apple appears). If that does not resolve the issue, restore the device as new. If the issue persists after a restore, it is a hardware issue and needs to be replaced by Apple, if in warranty.