Speaker?

alinton

Oct 28, 2007
Hi all,

Does the Touch have a speaker? Just got one, no 'speaker' noises, not even anything when the alarm goes off.

Is this right?

Thanks

Andy.

tokerud

Jan 12, 2008
iPod touch doesn't have speakers

Hi all,

Does the Touch have a speaker? Just got one, no 'speaker' noises, not even anything when the alarm goes off.

Is this right?

Thanks

Andy.
Afraid not. I really like the speaker on the iPhone to listen or share with someone else. But alas. I've seen tiny speakers that plug into the headphone jack advertised. It would be nice if Apple would enhance the touch in this way sometime after they feel they don't have to keep the touch from cannibalizing iPhone sales.

alinton

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks for the responses- so how does the alarm work if no speaker?

A.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
are you kidding me?

What about the little beep noise that the older iPods made? The dee dum dee dum dee dum when you selected 'Beep' as the alarm tone?
you didn't need headphones for that..

That can't be done on the touch? doesn't it use the same speaker as the click sound-speaker-thing?

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
are you kidding me?

What about the little beep noise that the older iPods made? The dee dum dee dum dee dum when you selected 'Beep' as the alarm tone?
you didn't need headphones for that..

That can't be done on the touch? doesn't it use the same speaker as the click sound-speaker-thing?
Yes the touch makes that sound, and I think thats how the alarm works but not sure. it also makes a sound for every letter you type on the key board. but it won't play any music or video sound.

tokerud

Jan 12, 2008
Thanks for the responses- so how does the alarm work if no speaker?

A.
Look under Settings/General/Sound Effects. Make sure *Both* is selected. This should give you at least some sound when the alarm goes off. However, I did see a support article at Apple Support (#307127) on my other computer so can't link this minute. Says "In certain instances, the alrm set via Clock on iPod touch may not make a sound effect through the built-in speaker, but may make a sound effect through the headphones.

Solution: If this happens, sync iPod touch with iTunes and then turn iPod touch off(press and hold the Sleep/Wake button, then drage the onscreen red slider). Turn iPod touch on and then verify that you have Sound Effects configured as you would expect...

keywords: kipodtouch