Speakerphone after 1.1.1 update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

My speakerphone after the 1.1.1 update is:

• Much louder!

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • A little louder.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Has not changed or seems quieter.

Votes: 31 49.2%

• Total voters

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
Ok, I didn't notice any difference in my speakerphone volume after the update. I've seen some people post that their phone sounds a lot louder. I did turn the phone off and back on, but still no difference. Am I missing something? Anyway, anyone else notice a change?

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
actually no mine is also the same...though I haven't restarted it. I made a few calls and I still couldn't hear anything very well. I'll try restarting before complaining....I did notice that my iPod is much louder than before through the headphones.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
i'm really beginning to think that 50% of the iPhones that were sent out have defective speakers! some people claim that its so loud it hurts there ears and others like myself complain that you can't hear a damn thing...I can put it at 100% and put it right up to my ear and barely hear anything!

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Mine is quite a bit louder, maybe 30%. Unfortunately, it also sounds like CRAP now, at loud volumes! It's fairly obvious all they did was a simple gain setting boost, which is about the WORST way to increase volume.

ZodiacfreaK

Bronze
Jan 11, 2007
I honestly think you are onto something with the diffective speaker statement. On my iPhone if I play music past the 30% volume mark, things get unbelievably fuzzy. But everything can go super loud. I think some iPhones actually have a lower volume limit than others (maybe based on series). Some limit the overall volume so people don't complain that it is fuzzy, and other series have it super loud where you can go as high as you want with less quality.

eric325

Bronze
Aug 7, 2007
Mine is still the same like before the update. Given a scale of 1-10 , i would rate it as 2 before and after the damn update. WTF are you doing steve.

listenclose

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
there should have been an option "haven't updated yet but voted anyways to see the poll results to determine if the update is worth losing my cool mods" or something like that.

Sorry to mess up your poll with my "Has not changed" vote but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I am one who observed no change whatsoever to the speaker volume.

I have observed on more than one occasion some inconsistencies in volume settings with the headphones at least. In these instances I would plug in the phones and start music and the volume would be much louder than it typically is for a given position of the slider bar. If I then unplugged the phones and plugged them back in however, the volume would decrease back to a typical level without any change in the slider bar position. So there is more to this than one might think. And more bugs as well.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
At first I thought it was louder but when I then listened to a Voicemail on Speaker, I could barely hear it...or any of them...even the alerts seem quieter now. Hmmmmm....

mlass

Silver
Jun 19, 2007
Just wanted to say my Volume is a lot better now. A little happier for now. Now, if Apple can only fix the other 3.5 million request.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
No change here.
I'm pretty disappointed as the speaker phone was something that I knew I would use a lot. The way it is now, it's totally unusable for that except in an extremely quiet environment.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I just dunno what to think really. The game changes slightly once again when Apple fails to deliver even the things it claims to have done. Who do they have working there? I picture Steve and a bunch of held-over summer interns from the local community college. I am so underwhelmed.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Did anyone do a less biased assessment of the volume? It is kind of late to ask since everyone did the update, but I would use the microphone on my computer and put it a predefined distance from the speaker and do a before and after of the same thing to see if the microphone picks it up at a stronger level. A program like Ventrillo that has a level indicator would take the guessing out as well as using a voice message so it is the same thing and you don't need to worry about someone changing how loud their voice is.