Speakerphone, will it ever be functional?

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
At least for me, the speakerphone is abysmal and a flat out joke. It pisses me off that Apple calls it a "speakerphone" when i can barely hear it when its 2 feet away from me. Anyway, I remember reading since the speakerphone is right next to the mic it can never be too loud or else it will interfere with the conversation. So, the question is, will the speakerphone ever be functional?

And they claimed 1.1.1 made it louder, it didn't.

So what are your 2 cents?

Jul 23, 2007
I'd be happy if I could just hear my voice mail over speaker...

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
I too would be happy if the speakerphone would work...it seems that with 1.0.2 it worked better than in 1.1.1...maybe in 1.1.2?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
1.1.1 made mine significantly louder.

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
1.1.1 made mine significantly louder.
Congrats dude but that pisses me off how these updates are inconsistent with their effects.
How come he gets the joy of a louder speaker phone and I don't? Don't we both have the same phone?

Sorry, it makes me mad, nothing agaisnt u and your louder spkr...

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I went to the Apple store on monday because i wanted to exchange my phone so i can have a better speakerphone. The genius pulled out his own iPhone and showed me the sound was the same on his. He said some iPhone have a better speakerphone because the hardware is different (=different manufacturer or different production). Anyways, he said he couldn't do anything for me.

I was really pissed! On my way out, I stopped by a demo iPhone and went to jailbreakme.com and jailbroke the ***** and started installing apps. This one kid saw me and took a picture. It was pretty funny, yet useless but it made me feel better. It was like a FU to Apple.

Oh maybe i should mention i hate Apple and steve jobs (he's some evil man!) but i do think my iPhone is the best thing i own (after my nice little audi of course:)

DJKneo

Oct 1, 2007
Honolulu
djkneo.deviantart.com
I have 1.1.2 and I haven't notice any speaker improvement -____-" I suppose this is more of a hardware issue...theres like only so many things you can do with the firmware to the speakers...Id say the only way to get your speaker louder is to turn off sound check and equalize it to something other than Off...although this would only work with just iPod and Videos "/

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
I was really pissed! On my way out, I stopped by a demo iPhone and went to jailbreakme.com and jailbroke the ***** and started installing apps.
Ok I have to go to an Apple store now. That is the greatest thing I have ever heard!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
hurry because they might update to 1.1.2

kemistri

Oct 26, 2007
wtf i have this issue as well but my f-ing speaker is blown thats right im pissed when i listen to music it sounds like CRAP with out my head phones on not to mention my net hasent been working at all lately and when it does work it take at least 5 min to load a page o and when im typing it it has a delay and worst of all i have not hacked my phone AT ALL for fear of crap like this