Speakers are so slow?

Tpji328

Jan 2, 2008
Hey I'm new to the forums live in Boca Raton, Florida and just got my iPhone for Christmas. The phone is amazing but when it comes to playing the I pod out loud it is extremely low. My friend hacked his and has the 1.1 version or something like that and it is a lot louder. Obviously there is nothing for me to do to make it louder but I was just wondering if there was.

IMO Apple needs to upgrade the speakers in the second gen model, thats a must.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i agree that at times it is low but remember.. .this is not a boom box! ita a phone, an iPhone, thus an mp3 player, an mp3 player that people usually use with head phones..... that is just my opinion...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Is your firmware 1.1.1 or 1.1.2? If not, upgrade.

Hacked or not, the volume does get louder after 1.1.1.

- John

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
What I am about to mention is an "at your own risk" type solution, but I have read about it working before, so I thought I would mention it.
Apparently, in certain cases, when the iPhone is assembled, it's possible that glue or plastic covers over the speaker (the left side- right side is a mic) muffling it.
I have read where a few users have used a pin to carefuly break through the obstruction and open it up to increase the volume. You might want to look into that as a possible solution.
Just remember that if the pin goes in too far, you risk puncturing the actual speaker.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
What I am about to mention is an "at your own risk" type solution, but I have read about it working before, so I thought I would mention it.
Apparently, in certain cases, when the iPhone is assembled, it's possible that glue or plastic covers over the speaker (the left side- right side is a mic) muffling it.
I have read where a few users have used a pin to carefuly break through the obstruction and open it up to increase the volume. You might want to look into that as a possible solution.
Just remember that if the pin goes in too far, you risk puncturing the actual speaker.
A search on speaker volume will find these threads. I had a staggering improvement in volume by doing this. Have no fear. No one to my knowledge has punctured the speaker. I pushed the pin in as far as it would go with no problems. Word is that the speaker itself is not behind the grille, but that it is located elsewhere and ported to the grille.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
And also with the PIN thing it will get the lint out of there as well.

Also in case you don't know, left side is speaker right side is mic.