Speakers/Docking Station

qpb

May 26, 2009
Is there a docking station with speakers for the iPhone that could also be used as a set of speakers for a MacBook Pro?

Thanks.

tippingpt

Jun 3, 2009
SW Michigan
I'd like to see that answered too!

:)
Is there a docking station with speakers for the iPhone that could also be used as a set of speakers for a MacBook Pro?

Thanks.
I have done some research and the GEORGE looks good if you want to spend $500. I'd like to use mine out on the boat, so I need one that's pretty loud.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Some clock radios (like the iHome IP99, for example) have RCA aux inputs in addition to the iPod dock connector. You could hook up your Macbook there.

tippingpt

Jun 3, 2009
SW Michigan
just to follow up after a lot of research, I decided to go with a less expensive model than the GEORGE. One extra that captured my full attention was that it has APPLE's approval and certification to work with the iPhone. And when it asks if you want to go into Airport Mode, it is asking if you want to receive calls (wherein the music stops and the phone takes over) or in Airplane mode, you won't be interrupted by calls. I did not see this feature on docking/speaker stations that were made for the ipod... maybe you can still get calls, not sure. Also here's the product:
"Altec Lansing T612 Digital Speaker for iPod and iPhone (Black)"
Electronics; $129.62