Specific Launch Details from BGR

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Thanks for this. It looks like this answered the rest of my questions. I don't have to pay an additional $36 and all I need is the last 4 digits of ss# of the primary account holder and the account number itself. Also and data plan that I have on my account will automatically be removed, just not sure about the text package.

2russky

Jun 26, 2007
" Always make sure the customer understands there is no discount available on iPhone, in any circumstance."
Interesting quote from the manual​

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
" Always make sure the customer understands there is no discount available on iPhone, in any circumstance."
Interesting quote from the manual​
That quote made me sad. My dad is a retiree from ATT. He worked for them for 30 some years. I was going to activate it in his name to get a discount on service. :( I will still get one. :laugh2:

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
the credit check is only for those that are opening new lines, right?

my credit is just fine, i just don't want them hassling me for it if i don't have to.

Ryukyu

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
What's up with this from page 31.

"MEdiaNet will be used to access the Internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer’s iPhone Data Plan."

rhproductions

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Tennessee
What's up with this from page 31.

"MEdiaNet will be used to access the Internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer’s iPhone Data Plan."
If you read the context in the full 65 page document, this is active when the iPhone SIM is inserted into another phone.

page 30-31

"If a customer decides to insert their iPhone SIM card into another AT&T device they will have
the following experience:

-Visual Voicemail will not be available, however regular voicemail will be accessible by pressing “1” to hear messages.

-MEdiaNet will be used to access the Internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer’s iPhone Data Plan.

-Contacts will not be accessible via the SIM."

UnseenLlama

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
If you read the context in the full 65 page document, this is active when the iPhone SIM is inserted into another phone.

page 30-31

"If a customer decides to insert their iPhone SIM card into another AT&T device they will have
the following experience:

-Visual Voicemail will not be available, however regular voicemail will be accessible by pressing “1” to hear messages.

-MEdiaNet will be used to access the Internet. MMS and IM messages are included in the customer’s iPhone Data Plan.

-Contacts will not be accessible via the SIM."
I kind of figured the iPhone would use existing MediaNet settings. Heck, the PDA and MediaNet plans both use the same wap.cingular gateway to access the internet, but AT&T charges different prices for the same pipeline. Unlike other phones, you will just not be able to edit those settings on the iPhone...at least that's what I presume.