Specifications of Apple iPhone 6 leaked hours before today's launch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 6, 2014
OMG this leak is real?

4G LTE: all models
Sim: Nano-SIM
Announcement: Sept 9th
Release: Sept 19th
Dimensions: 137.5 x 67 x 7 mm (5.41 x 2.64 x 0.28 in)
Weight: 113 g (3.99 oz)
TouchID: 500 dpi pixel density fingerprint sensor (Touch ID on all models)
Display: LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size: 960 x 1704 pixels, 4.70 inches / 5.5 inches (~416 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch: Yes
Protection: Shatter proof sapphire crystal glass, oleophobic coating – water resistant
Sound: Alert types Vibration, proprietary ringtones
Loudspeaker: Yes
3.5mm jack: Yes
Memory Card slot: No
Internal: 16/32/64/128 GB, 2 GB RAM
Data GPRS: Yes
EDGE: Yes
Speed: DC-HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat6, 300 Mbps DL; EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth: v4.0, A2DP
NFC: Yes
USB: v2.0
Camera: Primary 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash. Features Simultaneous video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, HDR panorama, HDR photo
Video: 1080p@60fps
Secondary: Yes
Chipset: Apple A8
CPU: Dual-core 2 GHz
Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging: iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email
Browser: HTML (Safari)
Radio: No
GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
Java: No
Colors: Space Gray, White/Silver, Gold
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- AirDrop file sharing
- Siri natural language commands and dictation
- iCloud cloud service
- iCloud Keychain
- Twitter and Facebook integration
- TV-out
- Maps
- iBooks PDF reader
- Audio/video player/editor
- Organizer
- Document viewer/editor
- Photo viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial/command
- Predictive text input
Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 1,810mAh battery (6.91 Wh)

Sep 6, 2014
Some more details......
The specification sheet reportedly leaked from Apple's supply chain from product packaging confirms rumours that the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 will get 1,810m Ah battery while the 5.5 inch model will come with 2GB RAM. The leaked specification sheet says that the new iPhones will be available in three colours: white, gold and space gray. It is also says that the sapphire glass screen of the phone will not just be scratch resistance but also water proof.

Sep 6, 2014
Among the features expected is an upgraded processor, the A8 quad-core. Currently, the iPhone 5S has 1.3 GHz A7 dual-core processor. BGR reports that the iPhone 6’s A8 processor may also be accompanied by an M8 coprocessor codenamed ‘Phosphorus’.

Leaked photos of the phones suggest that the new iPhone will have a have curved edges and a thinner body, unlike the iPhones so far. The power button which is usually on the top may be shifted to the right of the phone for easier access.

Rumours suggest that iPhone 6 will sport a 13 megapixel camera compared to the 8 megapixel that the current model has. Alternately, the camera may remain the same with the added feature of “Super Resolution Mode”, an optical image stabilisation technology that captures multiple image samples to create a high-density end photograph.

It is expected that a bigger phone will mean bigger batteries and longer battery life that will last for more than a day. Reports suggest that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 may get a 1,810mAh battery, with the 5.5-inch model getting a 2,915mAh battery. Currently, the iPhone 5S has a 1,560mAh battery.

A much talked about feature that is expected is the mobile wallet for which Apple is said to have partnered with Master Card, Visa and American Express. An alternative to using your credit card for making purchases, the feature will use NFC with a TouchID sensor being used for the verification process.

The 4.7 inch model is expected to be available in markets by September 29.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
Hmmm . . . the second post indicates this information is from product packaging? Has Apple ever announced, or otherwise advertised, what the CPU speed is . . . ever?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Some of this is coming from the China Mobile post which mentions waterproof, dustproof. I'd use a heavy dash of salt with these claims.

That being said, an iPhone that is impossible to destroy (without driving over it) would be awesome. I know entirely too many people with smashed displays and/or water damage.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014
But there is in your first post.

I was just mentioning that you said the source was product packaging in the second post.
My Dear Sir, since I am not allowed to post link, I just copy paste from source,this is all speculations by different sites , We are now very close to know true specs.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I kinda like the leaks cause of my curiosity, but they kinda piss me off too. I wanna be surprised on keynote day! Don't we all?
Yeah, there weren't really any surprises today as far as the phone goes - except no sapphire and the lack of a 32 GB. It's just too popular now to successfully hide it while it's in production. The watch was a surprise, though. Probably because there is less interest there.

Sep 6, 2014
Yeah, there weren't really any surprises today as far as the phone goes - except no sapphire and the lack of a 32 GB. It's just too popular now to successfully hide it while it's in production. The watch was a surprise, though. Probably because there is less interest there.
I think apple should skip 16gb instead of 32gb, this make more sense as a users point of view but may more profit in 16gb so....