Speck candyshell?

Apr 6, 2009
Anyone have any previous experiences with this case? I have looked at many reviews and a lot of places give high remarks, but I would rather speak with someone who used it for a while!?

Pro's and Con's?!

jackwins

Jul 9, 2008
KCMO
Anyone have any previous experiences with this case? I have looked at many reviews and a lot of places give high remarks, but I would rather speak with someone who used it for a while!?

Pro's and Con's?!

I have the white/red one and the black/yellow one.

Pros:

1. Easy to pop the iPhone into the shell
  2. Protects the iPhone very, very well
  3. Can easily slide in and out of a pocket (compared to a silicone skin)
Cons:

1. Its very hard to get the iPhone out
  2. Its a bit bulky
I don't use either one of them now just because its too tough to get the iPhone out of the shell.

Apr 6, 2009
I have the white/red one and the black/yellow one.

Pros:

1. Easy to pop the iPhone into the shell
  2. Protects the iPhone very, very well
  3. Can easily slide in and out of a pocket (compared to a silicone skin)
Cons:

1. Its very hard to get the iPhone out
  2. Its a bit bulky
I don't use either one of them now just because its too tough to get the iPhone out of the shell.
I picked one up as well... and I am thinking just like you! Its a pain to get out of it.

I think I am going to move onto something else.. What are you using now?

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I purchased a grey and green one and the black and yellow one. I had a horrible time trying to get my phone out of that dag on thing. I like to change my cases often and this is no good for me.

I work with a guy who has an iPhone and he uses the same horrible flimsy black silicone case on his so I gave him a choice of which of the two CandyShell cases he wanted and he choose the black and yellow. I warned him that its extremely hard to get off and he will have a tough time with it. He didn't care. He slipped his phone in and has not taken it off ever since and it has been weeks.

They look like nice cases, but if you are a person who wants the freedom of easy on easy off in order to change your cases, this is not the one for you.

Apr 6, 2009
I purchased a grey and green one and the black and yellow one. I had a horrible time trying to get my phone out of that dag on thing. I like to change my cases often and this is no good for me.

I work with a guy who has an iPhone and he uses the same horrible flimsy black silicone case on his so I gave him a choice of which of the two CandyShell cases he wanted and he choose the black and yellow. I warned him that its extremely hard to get off and he will have a tough time with it. He didn't care. He slipped his phone in and has not taken it off ever since and it has been weeks.

They look like nice cases, but if you are a person who wants the freedom of easy on easy off in order to change your cases, this is not the one for you.
Thats the main complaint I have with the case. I had to freaking youtube a video for the easiest way to get it off. I thought I was going to break the back housing. It was crazy.