Speech To Text App?

Aug 3, 2011
I was wondering what the best speech to text app was for the iPhone? (paid or free) I am looking for an app that will create a text based on what is spoken in order to not be texting while driving etc.

Thanks

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It would be nice to have this feature integrated into stock apps, but using Dragon Dictation is the best option for now.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
iOS 5 is only around the corner. I'm looking forward to seeing what Apple can integrate into their OS, with regards to speech to text etc.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I use Vlingo for this. While the app itself is free, the ability to dictate a text message and have it sent automatically after a short delay is a paid feature. It doesn't work with my car's Bluetooth system but it works well all other times when I want to send a text message quickly but don't have the hands free to do it.

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
I use Vlingo for this. While the app itself is free, the ability to dictate a text message and have it sent automatically after a short delay is a paid feature. It doesn't work with my car's Bluetooth system but it works well all other times when I want to send a text message quickly but don't have the hands free to do it.
+1.. It's quite accurate too..