Speed question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

guesswhatman

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I just did a speed test of my cable modem and got about 6000 kbps. If EDGE averages about 160 kbps, does that mean edge is about 40X slower than cable (comcast)?

Jul 27, 2007
I just did a speed test of my cable modem and got about 6000 kbps. If EDGE averages about 160 kbps, does that mean edge is about 40X slower than cable (comcast)?
I'm not sure, but I just got Verizon FIOS and now I get an average of 16986 kbps.

I got true QUM and running 20db hot. That little kid was not there during the install and the truck and box did not have blinding light coming out of it. I was disappointed about that, but not my download speed.

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I'm not sure, but I just got Verizon FIOS and now I get an average of 16986 kbps.

I got true QUM and running 20db hot. That little kid was not there during the install and the truck and box did not have blinding light coming out of it. I was disappointed about that, but not my download speed.
'Jesus christ how much does that run you a month?

Jul 27, 2007
'Jesus christ how much does that run you a month?
You won't believe this, but I got a packaged deal: Internet/Phone for $64.99 a month.

If I wanted just Internet, it would be $49.99 and if you order online, you get the first month free, months 2-7 for $39.99 and a $25 gift card to Target.

Check it out if it's in your area. I live in NYC and it finally came into my neighborhood.

www.verizonfios.com