Speed test

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Anyone from central to northern new jersey getting these results on 3G? I'm in Elizabeth area.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Attachments

areyes163

Bronze
Jul 1, 2010
Here is mine in the Detroit area. Thought I would share.

Dec 17, 2008
PA
I can not find the other thread on this subject, to link to it. Its much longer.

But in that one I reported that I am getting the low upload speeds all over the North East. PA, DE, DC, VA, MD.
I have been meaning to call AT&T and ask when they are going to fix this. When AT&T reported this was only effecting a small percentage (less then 2 % they said)...I gotta say they are full of crap! Its gotta be effecting millions in just those areas I have been in. I know its not my phone because in certain areas( like Harrisonburg, Va.) my speeds are normal.

On a good note tho its not really slowing my web browsing down. It just shows how little up you really need. Other then using " Dropbox "

one_crazy_dude

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Toms River New Jersey
On a good note tho its not really slowing my web browsing down. It just shows how little up you really need. Other then using " Dropbox "
I was going to say this to. My Internet and sending email,mms,photo uploads is still faster than my 3G. What gives?

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I hate to say it but I have found that speedtest app to be highly innaccurate. I'd find a free test online and use that.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
From just outside Chicago, at a mall on a Friday during the evening rush.
Wow, that is good. I don't notice it much when doing mms, etc... I just tested out my wife's phone too and i'm getting the same results so at least i know it's not the phone. gonna check for a test through safari.

ROBBMAC

Jul 18, 2010
I'd like to add that I had full bars in that first post. Inside my condo (same general location) where I get around three bars or less, I get roughly half of that both up and down.

I think AT&T beefed up Chicago a while back though so when you get a solid 3G connection around here its pretty fast.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I'm not from around that area but another app to consider is the one the FCC put out. It's called Mobile Broadband Test from the Appstore. It's seems pretty consistent. Here are my results.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Whew, smoking in Anchorage this morning.

Attachments

cevtv

Bronze
Nov 23, 2008
ROBBMAC said:
Wow! You guys in a bunker up there?
Sure seems it. Next town over is OK, but we are in a pretty big city here - you would think it would be at least a little better than this.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROBBMAC

Jul 18, 2010
I'm not from around that area but another app to consider is the one the FCC put out. It's called Mobile Broadband Test from the Appstore. It's seems pretty consistent. Here are my results.

Within 5 miles of my original post deep inside a Target using the FCC app!

Attachments