Spigen Glas.tr

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Alkali, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

I bought my iPhone 5 about two months ago and had no problem whosoever but since i installed the Glass Screen Protector i noticed DARK SCREEN( could hardly see what's on ) at times especially during calls. I have to press and release the power button for things to normalise. The screen becomes very DIM in such a way one could hardly make out what is on it.Anybody with similar problem and what is the solution since i love my Glas.tr very much.Thanks my dear friends.

2. Phiphi

Phiphi New Member

I don't think it has anything to do with the glass you put on. Mine doesn't have that glass but still has same problem like yours. Maybe the ambiance sensor...

Sent using iCafe app

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Are you using a screen protector? I say this only because it happened to me today, shortly after I put a screen protector on.

4. Phiphi

Phiphi New Member

Yes I do have a screen protector from spigen on my phone, not the glass one. I used them for many of my iPhones without any problem, so I don't think it is the protector, but I maybe wrong:)

Sent using iCafe app

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

This happened to me yesterday too. I have an SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector on my iPhone 5 and and a SGP Ultra Matte Body Protector on it.

My screen dimmed to almost black where you couldn't make anything out at all and then it came back. I don't think it has anything to do with the screen protectors. I think it's just a Glitch.

6. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

I think the solution has come. Since when I upgrade to 6.1 yesterday not a single DIMMING. Please dear friends upgrade and see.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I upgraded yesterday. The Dimming happened before I upgraded. No dimming today, but I didn't expect it to anyhow. I figured it was just a momentary hiccup.

8. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

No Sharinda. It's a real problem. I visited one website and tons of owners of devices with iOS 6.0.1 are having this disturbing problem.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

AWW Damn! Sorry to hear this is a widespread issue. It onlyhappened to me twice. Once Yesterday and once a few months ago when I first got the iPhone 5. I had other issues with that iPhone 5 so I chalked it up to that. I have had four iPhone 5's since then. 4th times a charm, so far this one is AWESOME!

Hopefully the new update did fix this issue for a lot of people.

10. Phiphi

Phiphi New Member

Yes, that was my thinking too, since I has no problem with the protectors before... Hope the issue is solved with 6.1.

Sent using iCafe app

11. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

And you know what?t I love this Glas.tr screen protector as well as the phone itself. So anything that will make me remove it is not welcomed.

12. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Since the upgrade two days ago not a single dimming issue.

Sent using iCafe app

13. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

Glad to hear the problem is apparently resolved. FYI I have used the Zagg HD screen protector since I bought my iPhone right after they came out and never had a problem with dimming.

14. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

glsda, i think this problem affected some phones but apparently not all.

15. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

The problem surfaced again yesterday after five days. I do not know what to do.

Sent using iCafe app