Spigen Linear Metal Case or back protector with Spigen Bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by EverythingApple, Feb 26, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

2. EverythingApple

Gold

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I don't have that case, but it looks pretty nice.

4. mango44

mango44 Member
    Bronze

Oo, that looks really slick.

5. EverythingApple

Gold

I bought this right before my other Spigen bumper case broke. It's sweet. Installation is a snap. Pun intended. Many have said no installation instruction made installation difficult. I did not find that to be the case. Pin intended. lol

I've dropped my phone twice in the past week with it on. Once it fell face down, it figures, but I have ghost armor on the screen and only the case suffered a few scratches.

The second time I dropped it, the case came off on impact, but there was no damage to phone, thank heavens.

I'm looking into getting a more protective case, maybe the Incipio Atlas.

Sent using iCafe app

6. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

That, I think, is the most ugliest thing I've ever seen before. Ballistic makes some pretty protective and attractive cases: http://www.goballisticcase.com/collections/iphone-5-cases

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Take a look at the Griffin Survivor + Catalyst. I had major sound issues with the Atlas case. Not saying you will, but the Catalyst case is pretty slick.
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1372168695.436075.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1372168712.002911.jpg

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No doubt it's protective, but it's pretty bulky. I like minimalistic cases and couldn't use anything waterproof or bulky. I got AppleCare+ just in case. I love the Spigen bumpers, but mine broke at the bottom after about 3 months of use (and taking it on and off frequently) so I'm back to an Element case now.

9. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Understandable. Was just offering another idea since he mentioned the Atlas case. With all the hiking / outdoor activities you do & the area you're in, I am surprised that you don't have some kind of a 'protective' case just for the dirt / dust.

11. EverythingApple

Gold

I had this Ballistic case twice, and both were returned as being defective where the screen met the case.

Doesn't the case scratch easily? It looks like it might. And, what's the screen protector made of? I like that the Atlas is made of glass.

Wow, same for me, but mine lasted 6 months way past the 3 month warranty. What's the Element case? And, I also have AppleCare+

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I use this when I'm mountain biking, etc. It has some really thick velcro so I can put it on the handlebars or attach it to a belt loop. If I fell when it was attached to the handlebars, the EarPods would just get pulled out of my ears since even the most gentle tug will pull them out.
    1.jpg

13. EverythingApple

Gold

Your Element case is just a glorified bumper, right? No front and back.

14. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

The outer edges of the case do scratch, but the screen and back are recessed down about 1mm or so. Think of a picture frame ( best way I think to describe it ) So far so good on the front screen remaining scratch free on the 2 we have. ( doomed myself by saying that LOL)
    I don't use a microfiber cloth or anything to wipe off the smudges, just a t-shirt or whatever is handy. It's not a glass front, but MUCH more resilient than the LP and lays flat as can be. It's the closest thing to the glass front of the Atlas that I've found so far.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it's a bumper. I have an Element carbon fiber backplate, but I don't use it.

16. EverythingApple

Gold

Thanks!