Spire experiment help!

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by addy005, Dec 27, 2011.

1. addy005

addy005 Member
    Bronze

Alright fellas, with the new Jailbreak for iOS5 out and this Siri port "Spire" being released, who here is awesome enough, and willing to test this bad boy out? The only thing is, for anyone who does not own an iPhone 4S, will need the token key from iPhone 4S to enable the app on their non-4S phone. I myself only have the iPhone4.

So help a brother out, we can skype and get this thing working and report back to all the jailbreakers here!

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm currently setting this up on my home server. It's not running yet, but, as soon as I get it up and running I'll gladly help out.

I only have an iPhone 4 but a friend has been nice enough to give me his UDID for all of this to work :)

3. addy005

addy005 Member
    Bronze

That sounds amazing, warrior! I would appreciate the helping hand as well haha :) Keep me up and everyone else up to date on this thread. Thanks!

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Click on the Watch Thread button at the top of this thread. I'll post back either today or tomorrow when I get a chance to play with all of this properly. If I get it working, I might be able to allow people to piggy back off my server for Siri :)

5. addy005

addy005 Member
    Bronze

Already done, Haha. I woke up early because I randomly checked for Jailbreak and got a nice surprise with Spire. If you get this working today, that would be unreal!

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'll try my best to push a guide out. It'll no doubt be very complicated :confused:

7. addy005

addy005 Member
    Bronze

Oh no doubt, since you have to get a UDID from an iPhone 4S(probably most difficult part for most, including myself) and then create a successful proxy using that UDID from your non-4S device haha.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

It's the setting up of the poxy which is difficult. It's not your typical proxy. Then there's router configuration i.e Port Forwarding etc etc. I want to be able to use Siri on the move so I'll be using my VPN. Each steps throws a new problem :)

I'll do it as soon as I can (I'm feeding a 3 week old baby whilst trying to geek, very difficult).

9. addy005

addy005 Member
    Bronze

Man that sounds tedious, haha. If you allow others to piggy back, are you afraid of overloading your server? I'm sure it's difficult to "geek" with the baby pushing buttons on the keyboard :p

10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm not worried about any overload. It wont be an unlimited amout of piggy backing, just a few beta testers.

11. addy005

addy005 Member
    Bronze

Have you thought about using webaster's SiriProxy fork?

12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'll be using something similar. I've been out all day visiting family, I've got a small amount of time to document all of my progress. I'll post and update/guide as soon as everything is running.

13. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

I guess I'm not sure what a proxy host is and where I get it?

14. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

I will be watching this thread for sure. Good luck iPhonewarrior. I hope this works out. As soon as they release a JB for the 4S this will be easier to do. I have been reading up on all the server and proxy stuff. Sound like it could be very complicated.

15. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm still working at this. As soon as I get it working I'll push a guide.

It can't be that hard, right? :(

J/K

16. greasemuntney

greasemuntney Member
    Bronze

From what I have been reading it is going to be a pain. It may be better to just wait till the i4S is JB and the files and code for every 24 hours can be easier to get. But I am still watching and hope you the best of luck.

17. KeaganPeterson

KeaganPeterson New Member

I've also heard its pretty difficult and requires a new key every 24 Hours, so someone will need to own a 4S if im correct. i'm willing to help, i have a 3Gs which might mean i may have less to offer.

18. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Good ole I.D.B