Spoiled by iCloud: Any Cydia Equivalent?

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by Michael Baturin, May 28, 2012.

1. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

I haven't had jailbroken devices for a while. With this new one, I decided to go for it on both my iPhone and iPad. What I soon realized is that I have to download an app separately on both devices. I'm used to just downloading it one place and seeing it on my other devices. Is there any Cydia equivalent to iCloud - at least for automatic app downloading?

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm starting to think. Scary huh? What if you buy PKGBackup from Cydia, save everything from Cydia to DropBox on PKGBackup, and then install it again on your iPad? Of course you'll only pay once, I think? Different device saves what you puchased on your Cydia account? Well, if this works then you can just restore a saved backup from PKGBackup. I've never done this before, I only Jailbreak my iPhone 4.

Anyways, maybe there are other easier ways. But besides all of that, PKGBackup is well worth the small money it costs. I think it was like $5? I do not recall.

3. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Using PKGBackup is a good idea....but you may come across problems trying to load Cydia apps/tweaks meant for the iPhone onto the iPad....Not everything works on both platforms...:)

4. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Agreed - the ideal solution would work as iCloud does. It knows if it is made for iPad and/or iPhone and installs on both or not depending. I do not think Cydia is there yet.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Well PKGBackup just let's you restore all that you backed up. My suggestion is to just go manually one by one to make sure each one for your iPad is compatible.