Sports calendar?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by timmyinnis, May 4, 2012.

1. timmyinnis

timmyinnis New Member

I am somewhat new to the iPhone's I got the 4s when it came out (it is Jailbroken). So I am still new to finding certain apps or ways of doing things.
    Looking for an app or a easy way to put in sports alerts (reminders) in the calendar so it reminds me when the favorite teams are playing. I tried searching the app store and nothing really comes up. I must be using the wrong keywords or something. I can't believe there is nothing out there.
    I know google calendar inserts the sports reminders but dosen't seem to work when on the iPhone. It never puts them on the iPhone calendar.
    What does everyone use for sports alerts?
    On the same subject what is the best place to get free "sports text alerts" during the game scores?

Thanks

2. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I've not tried this in ages. But, when sing Nuevasync, isn't there an option to add additional Calendars from Google and thus have them alert you?

Check into it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. timmyinnis

timmyinnis New Member

That's the problem I can't find any. You have any names?

4. Treadwellv

Treadwellv New Member

Do they make a wall calendar for the San Francisco Giants that also has the schiedule on it........
    Newegg Promotional Code

5. Y_Not

Y_Not New Member

I use ESPN Scorecenter. Although it isn't a calendar, it sends me alerts when games start, scoring alerts, however I have it set up. It's most useful (for me) when monitoring football, basketball and baseball. Just pick your sport(s), then your teams (college and/or pro) then your alerts - i.e., game start, half time score, end score...whatever you choose. Also, you can use the app to check when your team plays next. Under the "My Teams" tab, it'll show who they're playing, what time the game starts and, usually, what TV station it's on. Although I have golf and Nascar set up on mine, it isn't so great for those. For Nascar, it's better than nothing - just shows who's in the top 3-5 slots during the race. For golf, I use the PGA Tour app. With it, I can instantly see how my fav players are doing.

I hope this helps.