Spotlight search not searching contacts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
So my first issue with iOS9 is that now when I do a spotlite search it doesn't include contacts. What's up?
I don't have iOS 9 yet, but look in the Settings app under General>Spotlight Search and make sure Contacts is checked/turned on. The specific location for Spotlight Search may have changed in the Settings app, but it will be in there somewhere.

cooter32

Nov 26, 2010
First thing I did and still doesn't work. Tried hard and soft reset. My wife's update went fine and she has no such issue.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
First thing I did and still doesn't work. Tried hard and soft reset. My wife's update went fine and she has no such issue.
I'm afraid the only other thing I can think of is to backup your device to your computer using iTunes, restore in iTunes, and then apply your backup.

Did you update to iOS 9 over the air or using iTunes?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
iOS 9 might have some other settings to mess with to solve the issue. Have you tried comparing the settings on your wife's phone to see if they are the same?

cooter32

Nov 26, 2010
Yep. I have two yahoo accounts, My personal and the business. The business is the secondary email account under my personal one. When trying to reload it the messages indicate that it already exists when, in fact, it doesn't because I deleted it to try to do a reload.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yep. I have two yahoo accounts, My personal and the business. The business is the secondary email account under my personal one. When trying to reload it the messages indicate that it already exists when, in fact, it doesn't because I deleted it to try to do a reload.
Try deleting every email account on your phone and then add them back in starting with this one you're having trouble with first.

Oct 21, 2015
Try this following steps:-
  1. Turn off all the Spotlight switches in Preferences > General > Spotlight.
  2. Do a hard reset by pressing and holding the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.
  3. Hold both buttons until the screen goes black, and then release when you see the Apple logo.
  4. After restart, turn on the Contacts switch in Preferences > General > Spotlight.
  5. It may take a few minutes, or half an hour for Contacts to show in Spotlight search.
  6. Turn on other Spotlight switches after Contacts begin to show in Spotlight searches.