"Spots" under screen

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
I've got a few "spots" under my screen on my 3G. They look similar to the air bubbles you would get before smoothing them out on a screen guard. Both are right near the edge of the home button. Nothing on the screen yet, thank God, but worried.

I take extreme care with my phone, and have always kept a screen protector, and a silicone case on it since I purchased it. Does anyone else have these issues, and do you think it is something that Apple(bought through AT&T) would cover if it gets worse?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
I have seen the same thing sometimes in just certain lights. Mine have a tiny red glow to them. I was told that they are the various sensors (light, gyro etc) used on the iPhone. I ws thinking of having mine checked out by Apple.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
There are a few sensors located near the earpiece that will show up under certain lighting conditions. They will appear as reddish bubbles, I believe.

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
I know the sensor spots you're referring to, but these are actually bordering the edge of one side of the home button, as if air got under the screen, and it won't press back down, if you get my meaning. I tried to take a pic, but it's hard to spot in the photo.
It literally looks like the air bubbles that you get under the screen protectors, BEFORE you push them out.
Mike

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
If you have bubbles under your screen then that is going to be a warranty covered issue as it is a hardware defect. Kokogirl I believe had an iPhone replaced for air bubbles under the screen.

Swing by Apple and they will switch it out for you.

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
Thank you YoungBinks. That's twice you've helped me out. Now, how do I Thank you inside the thread. Seen that in a few threads, but not sure how to do it.
Mike

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Thank you YoungBinks. That's twice you've helped me out. Now, how do I Thank you inside the thread. Seen that in a few threads, but not sure how to do it.
Mike
After you've posted 25 times, a button will show up at the bottom right corner of each post (next to quote & reply) that allows you to issue thanks.

IndyBlues

Jul 29, 2008
...and thank YOU, kisstine. Much appreciated.
Mike