Springboard crash

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by motojavs, Feb 3, 2009.

1. motojavs

motojavs New Member
    Bronze

I have a iPhone 3G and the other day the springboard crash and it had a strange black screen with symbols almost like an old video game.

I was wondering if this is common when you jailbreak your phone or what can be the reason? Once I reset the phone, everything when back to normal until yesterday when all my calls rang once and went to voice mail and text messages were not getting through.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. fc97accord

fc97accord New Member
    Bronze

Did you try to restart your phone again and see what happens? Also try a softboot (holding the home and power button until the logo come on again).

Or maybe you have to rejailbreak.

3. Lincoln

Lincoln New Member
    Gold

What you experienced was a "Safe Mode" that the iPhone is kicked into when the Springboard has crashed, delivered by MobileSubstrate. It doesn't mean anything - it's just a way to prevent damage to the filesystem. The "strange black screen" you described is just a wallpaper called "Sad iPhone" - a play on the "Sad Mac" screen - that appears along with Safe Mode.

4. nobopyon

nobopyon Member
    Bronze

I freaked out when I first got "sad iPhone", but now, i think they are quite charming instead... (not get into safe mode, but the "sad iPhone" LOL).

I get "safe mode" time to time... but pretty rare it happened to me

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I had it happen once when I was respringing after changing the theme. I think it happened because I pressed the home button while it was trying to respring. Anyway, I resprung after going into safe mode and everything was fine.

6. helloprincessj

helloprincessj New Member

this just happened to me and all my apps don't work anymore.. what should i do?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried rebooting it by holding the home and power buttons and ignoring the slide to turn off? If that doesn't work you may need to restore it to factory settings and rejailbreak.

8. monosokis

monosokis New Member

iPhone resprings on incomming call

I have a bigger issue than that. There are 2 particular phone numbers which always respring my iPhone when it called. I can't tell when these numbers call me from the screen, all I see in it is the spindle running.

I tried restore my iPhone then re-jailbreak but same thing happens. Please advice ...

9. monosokis

monosokis New Member

I found out the issue and it had to do with my previous backup profile. So after I restored to a new iPhone settings, everything goes back to normal. However, I am curious to know what really caused the issue with my original profile ...

10. DaBears34

DaBears34 New Member

crashh!

-- well i have the iPhone 3g and when i turned my phone on its went to the sad iPhone wallpaper. and when i try to access cydia it wont go to it.
    What should i do?:mad:

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you tried rebooting?

12. DaBears34

DaBears34 New Member

?

--if you want to restore your iPhone you have to do it through iTunes right?

13. sallyb

sallyb New Member

hi can anyone help? i was playing with my iPhone 3g os and a message came up saying springboard has crashed. it gives you three options. restart,ok,help. i have tried each one and the message keeps coming up. does anyone know how to exit safe mode. thanks guys :(

14. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

you hit restart. if it continues reboot your phone. something you downloaded recently sounds like its not playing well with other downloads

15. sallyb

sallyb New Member

hi there i have done that already. but keeps coming back to seem message. ive re-booted as well and still comes back to same message. should i restore to factory settings and then re-jailbreak not sure what to doont want to make things worse

16. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

restoring is last resort. have you recently downloaded anything?

17. sallyb

sallyb New Member

i downloaded intelliscreen and since then its crashed. i have deleted it now but still same message looks like its going to have to be restore to factory settings and then jailbreak again unless someone has another answer but thanks for ure input

18. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

you unintalled it and did a reboot? maybe try a reset by holding down the power button and home button at the same time until the Apple shows up on the screen.

19. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

I second that. Try a hard reset before restoring.

20. iBanana

iBanana Member
    Silver

something just doesn't play right with other packages that she's downloaded. i had some that don't work for me at all and always sent me into safe mode and others never had the issue. restoring is really jumping the gun in this case imo