Springboard keeps crashing?

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
well everytime a download anything from cydia the springboard crashes and goes to safe mode. i don't know why, it started this morning, anyone else having this issue? any suggestions?

BTW: iPhone 3G, 2.2 firmware... used quickpwn 2.2 to jailbreak

also i am thinking about restoring it through iTunes and just re-jailbreaking it. but is there any PC software to pull my cydia apps off so i can save them?

Thanks in advance

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First try reinstalling WinterBoard (if you have it) and Mobile Substrate in Cydia. It's unfortunate that Jay decided to implement a Safe Mode into Mobile Substrate, as it's really not necessary, but once it starts crashing frequently, it's hard to reset it. If the reinstalling doesn't work, you'll need to Restore.

Use AptBackup from Cydia to backup your apps.

BlindSpoTT

Zealot
Gold
Dec 16, 2008
York, PA
First try reinstalling WinterBoard (if you have it) and Mobile Substrate in Cydia. It's unfortunate that Jay decided to implement a Safe Mode into Mobile Substrate, as it's really not necessary, but once it starts crashing frequently, it's hard to reset it. If the reinstalling doesn't work, you'll need to Restore.

Use AptBackup from Cydia to backup your apps.
you know what, that reminds me when i got on cydia this morning there was a mobile substrate update... do you think that it may be the problem? did you updated yours with no problem? ill try reinstalling it thanks

cdcobre

Jan 5, 2009
where do i get aptbackup from cydia

cdcobre

Jan 5, 2009
and that white boar thing
I'm a newbe please help