Sprint data limits

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by memnautikus, Jan 4, 2012.

1. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

I had AT&T iPhone 4S and yeah speeds we're great. But I only got close to 2 gbps rarely but always over 1. I went to sprint because of the unlimited data. Has anyone ever gone over 5gb a month? I am trying to find out if they throttle it. If u have sprint please post the most gb you had with sprint. Thank u.

2. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

I forgot to mention that with the sprint data I always get close to 1 gb sometimes little over. But that's fine with me. I'm tired of AT&T. They lost me for sure.

3. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

there are zero limits unlimited means unlimited with sprint no throttling. that is how a smart phone contract should be if you ask me.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is no throttling and it truly is unlimited. However, I believe it's only a matter of time before they start capping data. They can get away with it right now because their 3G speeds are very slow and thereforee I doubt they have many people using 20+ GB/month like AT&T does. I think they offer unlimited plans to stay competitive. They each have to have one thing the other doesn't. For Verizon it's the best nationwide coverage. For AT&T it's the fastest data and simultaneous 3G and voice. I've never gone over 1 GB/month and AT&T has what I care about the most so I've stuck with them.

5. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

oops i forgot to post my most gb's per month. the most i have ever gone with sprint has been approx 6-8gb's

6. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

Thanks guys. I'm not planning on going like 20gb. More in the range of 6-10 range. I like sprint so far. I guess it depends on your location but I'm good here.

7. jawbrkr

jawbrkr New Member

I'm on the sprint unlimited data plan myself. I just joined less than 2 weeks ago and I have noticed their 3G seems slow. But that can depend on different things. Some websites load faster than others depending on the content. When I'm at home or work I use wifi anyway. In between it's 3G.

Sent from a phone that's better than yours!

8. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i agree the 3g speeds on sprint aren't blazing fast but they are fast enough. but the 4g really screams in my area;)

9. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

I wouldn't mind getting that hotspot but after they forced everyone a 5 gb cap that's not going to happen. I've read ppl had unlimited for years and suddenly Sprint took that away. It's scares me that they can easily even do that to all of us with smartphones. Take our unlimited. That would be screwed up.

10. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i have a funny feeling you are right. i just hope it takes awhile for them to actually do it.

11. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

Well if they do cap it I would end up going back to AT&T. I was paying for that 4gb hotspot option with AT&T. That's my route. But I see Verizon got that double your data thing. But yeah I hope they keep unlimited for a while.

12. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

My son and I have used over 7GB a month on Sprint and never had a problem.

13. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

I got something funny I just noticed. If u go to sprint website and click learn more after clicking unlimited data you'll see that ticker increasing in kbs, then mbs, as their saying why limit yourself, and when it goes into the gbs, the screen changes after displaying 5 gb. I think it's funny because it doesn't go past the 5.

14. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

http://www.macrumors.com/ reporting Sprint is throttling back the top 1% of data users. It has begun, what happened to truly unlimited?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

15. memnautikus

memnautikus Member
    Bronze

Oh damn. That sucks.

16. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Just means another round of commercials for all companies pointing out how they are better.

17. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

according to this news thread it's not for thoes using sprints network but "The throttling only applies to customers who use excessive data while roaming on partnered networks" so sprint is still truly unlimited.

18. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

You are correct!