Sprint privacy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Miamibabe, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Miamibabe

Miamibabe New Member

Hey everybody.

I just got a brand new iPhone from my boyfriend today. There was no special occasion and I'm very grateful. He doesn't seem like much of a snooper but you never know. I'm just curious about how much of my activity can be tracked by him. Can he read my text messages? See websites I surf? View images saved on my device? I am not unfaithful but I'm an adult and expect a certain level of privacy. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Well it all depends.
    If he pick up your phone he can read the texts unless you deleted them.
    They have App for that so (Someone help me out here ?)
    If you did not erase the history (just like a computer) he could see where you surfed.
    Do you have your own Apple ID ?
    Is "Find my phone"turned on (Location services also?)
    Do you have each others Find Friends turned on?
    Basically if you post on FB or check in he will know anyway where you are.

3. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Wow. Why would you even feel that way if you have nothing to hide? I guess guys can't be nice without being suspicious. Just put a lock code on the phone and call it a day. If he questions it, tell him what you told a bunch of strangers in a forum. You're an adult and you are entitled to your privacy. If he gets upset, the trust is not there for either one of you. Even if he doesn't look at your phone, he can see who you call or text message on the statements.

4. Wademvp91

Wademvp91 Member
    Bronze

A) You either have something to hide or are paranoid.

B) yes, there is software that can be loaded on the phone that will allow him to see call logs, texts even GPS alerts. And if he pays more, he can turn your phones speaker on and listen to you even if the phone is in the pocket

5. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

If you are concerned, restore your iPhone back to factory default. Then password protect it.

6. Miamibabe

Miamibabe New Member

Okay.

Thanks for your answers and I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I truly have nothing to hide but I'd like to know the amount of privacy I have.

I should rephrase my question, the phone was added onto his account. So, if he logs in, how much of my activities can he see? We have our location share things set up.This is not an issue for me. I'm just wondering if he can log onto sprint and read my texts and view pictures? II'm almost sure he can see my call history. I should have been more specific. He isn't a particularly tech savvy man. I don't see him going out of his way to snoop but I would hate for him to see a stupid text that I send to my girlfriend about how he left the toilet seat up or how I keep talking to my about how he hasn't proposed yet. I just want some privacy. We have a newborn baby I have no time to cheat lol

Thanks for your help!

7. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Congrats on the baby!

If he had the inclination, as others have said, there are ways for him to spy.
    I would not worry about txts concerning marriage or toilet seats. Even if he did see those, shouldn't be mad.

8. Wademvp91

Wademvp91 Member
    Bronze

Haha well that changes everything lol. Congrats on the baby and I think you have nothing to worry about. The only thing he can see is your call history so that's a no to the texts. Again, congrats on the baby and thanks for replying back and explaining. That helped a lot lol

9. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I now understand why he got ya the phone ..... probably he wants to know you can call someone in an emergency

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Congrats to the both of you with your newborn. He wants you to take lots of photos and videos of your newborn with your new iPhone. As was previously stated, you shouldn't be too concerned about silly little text you send back and forth to your girlfriends. Just make sure you have some nice things to say about your boyfriend as well so if he does see them, it'll put smile on his face. ;)

I haven't used sprint for almost 10 years but when I did, I remember being able to read all my text messages and MMS (photos and videos) on their website. I'm not sure if that has changed. Maybe someone that uses Sprint can chime in.