Sprint's ready to deceive in "Instinct vs. iPhone" videos

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Ok, gotta admit, pretty cool site advertising the Instinct. However, I think a certain degree of dishonesty is brewing...

Check out Instinct vs. iPhone. After the initial video, click About the Phone, and then you should see the link for Instinct vs. iPhone.

The have a whole section called "Instinct vs. iPhone" where they have different videos comparing the Instinct against the iPhone, which the Instinct of course always wins. The different videos are:

• Pinpointing your exact location
Instinct finds your exact location using GPS, iPhone shows a huge 100 block circle. Instinct wins.
  • Shooting video
Instinct shoots a video, iPhone does nothing. Instinct wins.
  • Live TV
Instinct shows live TV, iPhone does nothing. Instinct wins.
  • Downloading Music away from Wi-Fi
Instinct uses 3G to download, iPhone gets the "Cannot connect, needs Wi-Fi" screen. Instinct wins.
  • Fast Internet
Instinct downloads the sprint.com website right away, iPhone takes like 2 minutes. Instinct wins.
The funny thing is that the website is obviously trying to avoid the fact that the new iPhone with the App Store will solve all of the above problems!

SOLVED with GPS.
  • Shooting video
SOLVED with third party apps. Try "Showtime" or "iPhone Video Recorder".
  • Live TV
SOLVED with third party apps. Try "OrbLive".
SOLVED with third party apps. Try "iSlsk". (Apple may allow downloads on 3G too in the near future.)
  • Fast Internet
SOLVED with 3G.
Let's see if Sprint updates their site once the new iPhone comes out. If they don't, I think we can consider Sprint a deceptive businesss.

D-DAY for Sprint in 8 days.

radbrent

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
Hahaha.

The thing that always draws me back to iPhone is the amazing touch screen.
None of these knockoffs have touch screens that work as well!

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
Stupid fellows are still comparing there new phones to iPhone version1 which Apple is no longer making... All I could say to these companies is.... GROW UP!:laugh2:
Ok, gotta admit, pretty cool site advertising the Instinct. However, I think a certain degree of dishonesty is brewing...

Check out Instinct vs. iPhone. After the initial video, click About the Phone, and then you should see the link for Instinct vs. iPhone.

The have a whole section called "Instinct vs. iPhone" where they have different videos comparing the Instinct against the iPhone, which the Instinct of course always wins. The different videos are:

Instinct finds your exact location using GPS, iPhone shows a huge 100 block circle. Instinct wins.
  • Shooting video
Instinct shoots a video, iPhone does nothing. Instinct wins.
  • Live TV
Instinct shows live TV, iPhone does nothing. Instinct wins.
Instinct uses 3G to download, iPhone gets the "Cannot connect, needs Wi-Fi" screen. Instinct wins.
  • Fast Internet
Instinct downloads the sprint.com website right away, iPhone takes like 2 minutes. Instinct wins.
The funny thing is that the website is obviously trying to avoid the fact that the new iPhone with the App Store will solve all of the above problems!

SOLVED with GPS.
  • Shooting video
SOLVED with third party apps. Try "Showtime" or "iPhone Video Recorder".
  • Live TV
SOLVED with third party apps. Try OrbLive.
SOLVED with third party apps. Try iSlsk. (Apple may allow downloads on 3G too in the near future.)
  • Fast Internet
SOLVED with 3G.
Let's see if Sprint updates their site once the new iPhone comes out. If they don't, I think we can consider Sprint a deceptive businesss.

D-DAY for Sprint in 8 days.

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
well i agree is is somewhat misleading....but this did come out before the new iPhone and it does say "iPhone" not "iPhone 3g" so you kinda have to look at it closely to see some of these things sprint is trying to pull

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
well i agree is is somewhat misleading....but this did come out before the new iPhone and it does say "iPhone" not "iPhone 3g" so you kinda have to look at it closely to see some of these things sprint is trying to pull
Everything is ok for 8 more days is all I'm saying. I just have a sneaky suspicion that they will be somewhat sluggish in updating their site. I'm watching them!

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
These sprint guys even wait to declare the price of instinct until 9th July WWDC. I mean .. COMEON ! how the iPhone fear is affecting them:p.
All i would like to say in the end is its a good effort but not as good as.. u knw what i mean

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
These sprint guys even wait to declare the price of instinct until 9th July WWDC. I mean .. COMEON ! how the iPhone fear is affecting them:p.
All i would like to say in the end is its a good effort but not as good as.. u knw what i mean
And it's not like they made this site before knowing about the iPhone 3G. The Instinct came out on June 20th - 11 days after the WWDC announcement. Every second they designed those videos, they knew that all the jabs they were taking at iPhone were outdated and deceptive.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I agree with most of your case. Some of the 3rd party app solutions will take some time (and getting past Apple's restrictions) though - if you compare a non-jailbroken phone that is.

For instance, Polar Bear Farm have already said Showtime will not be coming to the App Store due to Apple's restrictions and the iPhone Video Recorder guys are trying to get theirs in, but no guarantees yet ...

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
It's not near as pathetic as THIS. Go there and click the "Sell Out Your Family!" seal.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
you know, ive thought this exact same thing... that doesn't show what the iPhone is really capable of...

i really hope someone makes some videos like that but showing how the iPhone 3g is the true winner

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
It's not near as pathetic as THIS. Go there and click the "Sell Out Your Family!" seal.
"sell out your family! well pay you money for product placement in your home movie on youtube"

that just shows how desperate they are for advertising their phone..

does it still count if i show it losing to the iPhone? :cool:

Jmusiq

Jun 25, 2008
hahaha thats awesome.

And i was sooo close to getting the instinct.
I talked to a sprint rep and after much debating, got the price down to $55 but at the very last sec. decided to wait for the iPhone...:laugh2:

Iphonehead

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
fyi....the instinct is one of sprints best selling phones and currently is backordered

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I'm not surprised. It's way better than their former offerings.

Still nowhere near an iPhone, but if I were locked into a crap little company like Sprint, I'd probably pick one up.

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
If I was stuck on Sprints network I would take the Instinct too. Just because its their best selling doesn't mean its as good or better than the iPhone.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I saw the lies even before the Instinct came out.

And guess what? We get Google Talk now for FREE! :cool:

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
I am a current Sprint user who is going to switch to AT&T when the new 3G iPhone comes out. But back to the commercial, Apple should solve all of the iPhone's short comings not 3rd party applications.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I am a current Sprint user who is going to switch to AT&T when the new 3G iPhone comes out. But back to the commercial, Apple should solve all of the iPhone's short comings not 3rd party applications.
And Microsoft should fix all of its shortcomings as well. :laugh2: