Square Credit Card Reader

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AllenConder

Bronze
Dec 13, 2009
Wow just got my free reader in and I must say, this thing is amazing! My parents own their own businesss and never took credit cards...they asked me to find an app on my "Tech phone computer thingy" (my parents are lame haha)

2.75% charge on transaction taken out (very reasonable) on charges WITH the reader...3.25% + 15 cent charge if you type it in manually...

I love it, anyone else have it?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I have it. I really like it, but I wasn't too thrilled by the length of time it took to have the funds deposited into my account. I swiped a card on a Thursday and didn't get the funds till Tuesday. I'm sure my credit union had something to do with the delay, though.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
My brother in law showed me this a week ago. Been meaning to post about it. My reader is on order. Can't wait to get it and be able to put CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED on craigslist listings.

Fees are as you stated with no monthly fee and no contract to sign.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
This is so cool I just got onto the Square website and ordered my free reader. I will probably only use it once in awhile but I wonder why they ask you for the SSN when you register? It said my reader should arrive in 2-5 days.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
This is so cool I just got onto the Square website and ordered my free reader. I will probably only use it once in awhile but I wonder why they ask you for the SSN when you register? It said my reader should arrive in 2-5 days.
I'm on day 9 and counting.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
They must've changed it since I signed up a while back when they first started. They advised it was needed for underwriting purposes to determine the maximum dollar amount we transact. I cancelled before could hit my credit.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
This is a very convenient service but I can already see a lot of problems with skimming. I sure wouldn't let a stranger swipe my card on a portable device.

jerni

Bronze
Oct 2, 2008
GA
www.instagram.com
I was just thinking about Square. It's cool and great for small businesss owners, I personally don't need it, but was thinking about skimmers couldn't be possible to create a crack software to skim info. I'm sure it's already out there. Just scary to consider