Square trade warranty are they Legit?

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
is this legit........Has anyone ever had or use this ?is there a coupon code to use?

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
O gave heard a lot about them but I haven't ever had to use it. I'm thinking of buying it as well.

Sep 2, 2007
Yes they are..I used them for my 3g when it got wet..Back then warrented the phone for $500 got $450 check after they took out $50 Deductible. Ihave bought a warranty for every other iPhone I've had 3gs but had no need to use it yet! And got one for iPhone 4 already just in case..

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
So they just send you a check an you go buy a phone for full price?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
But, do they cover theft? Safeware is double the price - still cheaper than AT&T - but cover theft. I don't have anything so I am just asking the question?

Jul 1, 2010
I was looking for an insurance too, I wasn't sure about squaretrade but there is another insurance company to look at "Worth Ave Group (designed for students in mind").

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
I've been researching them for about 4 months now. And I haven't read one complaint about them. I'm def getting it on my iPhone 4 and later my mbp cause they will cover accidental damage. :)
They're waaay cheaper then the insurance that The one at the AT&T store with only a 50$ deductible.

Jul 1, 2010
I've been researching them for about 4 months now. And I haven't read one complaint about them. I'm def getting it on my iPhone 4 and later my mbp cause they will cover accidental damage. :)
They're waaay cheaper then the insurance that The one at the AT&T store with only a 50$ deductible.
The one that AT&T recommend is MobileProtect and there deductible is $199

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
The one that AT&T recommend is MobileProtect and there deductible is $199
I meant that square trades deductible is only 50$ not atts (mobileprotect)

Jul 1, 2010
The only reason I'm not going with squaretrade because they don't cover theft/loss.

billinaz

Bronze
Jan 27, 2008
I had squaretrade coverage on a Minolta 7D digital camera.

The camera broke, I sent it to their repair shop who could not fix it.

I got a check for the full purchase price, including the tax!

I bought the squaretrade warranty for 2 iPhone 4's, and using a coupon code (thats now expired) I got the coverage for $80 for 2 years!

The coupon codes constantly come out, do an internet search for them and pick the best one.

wildturkey

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Which one were you checking for 4 months?

Jun 15, 2010
I went with squaretrade for my warranty. I have read lots of great reviews and with the coupon code (80.00) for 2 years it seems like a great idea. The company has great customer service I have to say. They even called me 2 days later and thanked me and asked if I had any other questions about the warranty. I guess we will see how helpful they are if I actually need to use it but so far I am very satisfied.

Ifonechip

Jun 24, 2010
Walt Disney Orlando Fl.
They're a really good company. They cover everything related to the iPhone and I had no problems at all with them. There is no other plan out there better.

ctmed5408

Jun 24, 2010
http://www.worthavegroup.com/product-comparison Here is a link to the Worth Ave. Group site which I believe someone mentioned in an earlier post. They have posted a comparison and I verified their info by checking the other sites individually to confirm. I have never owned an iPhone before getting the iPhone 4 last week so needless to say I am hooked. I have been researching insurance for the last 4 days and it appears that it's all in what you want. The mobileprotect from AT&T is obviously not anywhere near the best choice. I haven't heard anything bad about Squaretrade except that they don't cover anything except for damage from accidents and spills. Safeware and Worth Ave Group both cover everything including accidents, spills, theft, loss, fire and vandalism. Safeware is $79 per year and Worth Ave. Group is $94 per year. At this point, I am leaning toward the Safeware but haven't made a solid decision as of yet.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
Is there a maximum reimbursement limit to any of these plans? Say you cracked the glass and need a screen replacement? How many times will they pay for that? If they replace the phone is that a one time deal only? Deductible?

ctmed5408

Jun 24, 2010
Is there a maximum reimbursement limit to any of these plans? Say you cracked the glass and need a screen replacement? How many times will they pay for that? If they replace the phone is that a one time deal only? Deductible?
I don't believe Safeware or Worth Ave. Group have any reimbursement limit but I am not positive. I am @ work and can't fully research the stuff I looked up earlier. It should say if you go to the link I posted.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm gonna get SquareTrade for my iPhone 4. $99/2 years is a bargain. I never lose my iPhones. They're either on my desk at home or in my pocket.

I will look for extra coverage on homeowners just in case. If it's stolen from my car, my auto will cover it. But, it also never leaves my pocket while driving. lol

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I did sign up and they just called me today. They're sending me a free iPhone 4 case. And, if I provide my email to potential clients, I get credit.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
I did sign up and they just called me today. They're sending me a free iPhone 4 case. And, if I provide my email to potential clients, I get credit.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
Which one did you choose?