SSH help and yes iv'e searched! : )

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

vegas2471

Nov 4, 2007
ok guys here my problem so i DL bsd and when i go back to installer and open up system i don't see ssh it onle says launcher and summerboard (old) thats all it has and i have no idea what im doing wrong. please help me!

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
ok guys here my problem so i DL bsd and when i go back to installer and open up system i don't see ssh it onle says launcher and summerboard (old) thats all it has and i have no idea what im doing wrong. please help me!

You will not see icons for these programs. Try to ssh into you phone and see if it connects.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Which section under installer were you looking at? If you look under the Uninstall Tab you should see the BSD subsystem and SSH. If you look under the Install tab you won't see if because it's already installed. Try installing Services and see if you can start and stop the SSH server (services will autodetect if you have ssh installed).

vegas2471

Nov 4, 2007
yeah bsd is installed its under uninstall so i assume that it is but. i know that there wont be any icons but im trying to install ssh, but when i go to installer and go under systems to try and install ssh it isn't there.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
yeah bsd is installed its under uninstall so i assume that it is but. i know that there wont be any icons but im trying to install ssh, but when i go to installer and go under systems to try and install ssh it isn't there.
Have u installed the Community Sources yet?

akophone

Bronze
Aug 1, 2007
As mentioned, installing Services will allow you to see if SSH is indeed active. If so, then try to perform a file transfer. On a Mac, you can use Cyberduck, Fugu or Transmit. Good luck!