SSH help

May 23, 2008
can anybody help me download SSH like first telling me where to download it this info will be greatly appreciated

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
If you are jailbroken - which you will have to be to use SSH on the iPhone - then just install OpenSSH from Installer.

If you need an SSH program on your computer, two popular choices are WinSCP if you're on Windows, or Cyberduck on a Mac ...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Read through this thread. It explains a lot of things, including SSH.

- John

May 27, 2008

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
...but ssh is always on so when you're using a public network all it takes is someone to ping you, ssh into your phone and download everything.
If you install BossPrefs, you can toggle on/off SSH so that it's only on when needed.

rubicon03

Bronze
May 29, 2009
so i have everything installed and have it connected through my computer what do i need to do so i can get the video off my 3g phone? and add new txt message tones and add nintendo games?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
so i have everything installed and have it connected through my computer what do i need to do so i can get the video off my 3g phone? and add new txt message tones and add nintendo games?
Are you referring to videos you've taken with a program such as Cycorder or iPhoneVideoRecorder, etc.? If so, which one are you using?

Secondly, for custom SMS tones, you'll need to find/cut an audio file to whatever you'd like for your SMS tone. Then, do a conversion of that file (most likely .mp3) to a .caf file. Google for a free conversion program or search at http://download.com. Then you need to navigate to this path: System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and replace one of the default SMS tones with your custom one (your custom one will need to be named the same as one of the tones in that folder, and simply "overwrite" that tone).

I believe that is the correct path for OS 3.0.x - I don't have SSH access right now, so hopefully someone can verify or I'll verify when I get home.

rubicon03

Bronze
May 29, 2009
i have cycorder, i tried to get iPhoneVideoRecorder but it just keeps crashing when i open it up so i'll just stick with cycorder

rubicon03

Bronze
May 29, 2009
where would my photos be that i've taken with my phone?

rubicon03

Bronze
May 29, 2009
KabaModern you are a monster it only took you one minute to reply to my thread, you have helped me out so much on this forum and with this iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

rubicon03

Bronze
May 29, 2009
where do i find the themes folder? i found it last night and added a few themes i download off the net but cant remember where it was today.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
where do i find the themes folder? i found it last night and added a few themes i download off the net but cant remember where it was today.
Its probably best to use winterboard or the like to switch them on/off. Manually messing around with .png files etc can be time consuming and a nightmare if it goes wrong.