SSH Issues/Questions

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Hey all, Im not really new to Jailbreaking as I used to do it on the 2G iPhone. But I took a break from JBing on my 3G but now Im back on my 3Gs! Ive successfuly JB'd my 3Gs and installed Cydia, SBSettings, OpenSSH and Winterboard.
Im SSHing into my iPhone using Cyberduck. My question is this...
Im trying to duplicate an icon in a Theme because it doesn't have one of the stock icons. Its missing the SMS icon. So I found something suitable and want to rename or duplicate it. Well its not working. No matter what I try it just keeps spinning and ultimately times out. Im new to SSH and Cyberduck, any thoughts on why Im not able to do this?

EDIT: I figured it out. I was letting the phone go to sleep and thus being disconnected from wifi and SSH.

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
Ok, I still cant figure out how to get my SMS icon to work. I duplicated one of the theme icons and named it SMS.png but its still showing up as the regular SMS icon. isn't it named something different? I cant remember!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You're on 3.0 right? It needs to be named Messages.png

Library > Themes > Your theme > icons > find the icon named Text.png and rename it Messages.png (remember it's case sensitive).