SSH n00bie here...

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by TheDeafGuy, Jul 4, 2012.

1. TheDeafGuy

TheDeafGuy Member
    Bronze

Heh... I've read of SSH for such and such when I had the 3G a while back. Out of curiosity, I downloaded OpenSSH then I got lost when following instructions on changing root password and how to even use the darned thing...ended up uninstalling and avoided it completely.... well, until I wanted to watch Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

Upon Europa's suggestion to install StreamKing and VLC, I found that I had to install OpenSSH then install PuTTY and somehow got carried away and installed iExplorer. I think I've been reading things for a blur too long, and clicked my way deep into a web of terminal confusion and forgot why I was doing this in the first place.

Can someone guide me through on what to do and how to use SSH for streaming or whatever it's useful for. Simpler the better, I'll learn more difficult tasks later.

And oh, I have an HP notebook PC with windows 7.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You could just avoid SSH althogher and install DiskAid (or one of many other programs that give you access to the iPhone file sytem) on your PC and copy the files to your computer.