SSH problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ihomer

Jul 9, 2007
I just went to the Apple store and got my 3rd iPhone. My screen on my last 2 phones ended up getting dead spots. My problem is now that i jailbroke my phone and loaded BSD,Openssh, i can't get Winscp to connect to it. It just times out. Anybody run into this?

Spoolin414

Bronze
Dec 6, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, FL
Had a similar problem, download Services in Installer. Run it and turn off SSH and than back on. Try to reconnect for the first time when it doesn't click abort. The connect it will take a minute or 2 and will finally connect.

ihomer

Jul 9, 2007
Still having trouble

I don't get it. This was easy on my 2 previous iPhones. I tried downloading services and doing the on/off thing but it still times out. Any other suggestions? BTW i appiciate the help so far! :laugh2:

dexy55

Jan 23, 2008
i've been trying to ssh to my iPhone, because when i upgraded to 1.1.4 i lost my summerboard icon, in installer i have still got it, but no icon, and when i go to uninstall it i get "main script execution failed"
i have read about ssh-ing via pc and have tried winscp with the correct ip address set at port 22 with root and alpine as username and password but it seems to time out, also tried putty getting same problem need help thanks.

dexy55

Jan 23, 2008
yes i have open ssh installed and BSD subsystem. i've got services installed this tells me that ssh is installed and is on.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If your using a PC you can try iPhoneBrowser. It doesn't require a connection by IP, just that the phone is attached to the computer by the usb cable and it has no authentication to access the files on the phone.

dexy55

Jan 23, 2008
i can connect using iPhonebrowser but i get errors when i click on anything on "goto locations" have also re-jailbreaked phone using ziPhone 2.6b, would really like to get though using winscp seems easiest

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
try using the ZiPhone ibrickr fix then try iPhonebrowser to get in again.
Can you share where to find the ziPhone ibrickr fix. I tried using iPhonebrowser and none of the paths would work. I kept getting some kind of error. Would this fix make iPhonebrowser work correctly? (I had openssh, BSD subsystem installed)

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
Can you please post that full source so I can add it please. And with this source and installing what you said iPhonebrowser will work?