SSH programs...

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I know there are several mentions all throughout the forums. Unfortunately searching for actual names is a chore (at least for me), so I figured it would be a good idea to have a whole thread where people can post the names of the SSH programs (for both Mac and PC) that they use to connect to their iPhones... wuddya think? :)

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I'm not to sure about PCs but the one I use in my mac is called Cyberduck.

Works like a charm!

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Cyberduck for OSX rules. :)

WinSCP works well for Winders.

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
For PC, there is WinSCP, and the new iPhoneBrowser for 2.2
Both work great .......

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Mac:
"Cyberduck"
a MUST have application!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I use Transmit instead of Cyberduck. It's payware, but it's also much more powerful than Cyberduck.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I use Transmit instead of Cyberduck. It's payware, but it's also much more powerful than Cyberduck.
just a question so don't think i'm being rude:

but how is it better/powerful compared to cyberduck?

thanks in advance,

(i'll download now)

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
For PC i use FileZilla to FTP over wifi. if not using wifi, i'll use iPhoneBrowser, but not very often.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
just a question so don't think i'm being rude:

but how is it better/powerful compared to cyberduck?

thanks in advance,

(i'll download now)
The biggest edge it has for me is the column layout - it works much better for what I do with FTP than Cyberduck's single column layout. I also find that Transmit is a lot faster than Cyberduck. Connecting to my iPhone takes about 3 seconds with Transmit, while Cyberduck takes around 11 - this is mostly because Cyberduck is a Java app. I also prefer the UI.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
cyberduck for sure, use it all the time and love it

dsegel

Aug 13, 2008
You're all talking about scp clients, right? Not just ssh? I use Terminal on my mac to ssh, and SecureCRT (commercial sw) on my Windows machines. To move files around I use scp on my Mac and linux systems. If I need to move a file from Windows to iPhone I just copy it to a samba share and use scp.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
You're all talking about scp clients, right? Not just ssh? I use Terminal on my mac to ssh, and SecureCRT (commercial sw) on my Windows machines. To move files around I use scp on my Mac and linux systems. If I need to move a file from Windows to iPhone I just copy it to a samba share and use scp.
Both really... whatever you use to edit/copy files on your iPhone. Made this thread so there's one single place people can find names of programs to use. Aren't I nice... ;)