SSH won't stay on

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
hello,

has anyone come acress this problem with open SSH
when i turn it on with the third party app "services" it turns on.. when i try to log into winSCP it turns back off on its on and edge will turn on

thanks

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
thats great.

but that does not help me :(
LOL!

Anyway, try this:

Turn on SSH in Services then tap your home button. Restart your iPhone by holding the power button down for a while. Restart it back up and try logging back in. I've noticed this fixes mine whenever SSH gets stuck for whatever reason.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
LOL!

Anyway, try this:

Turn on SSH in Services then tap your home button. Restart your iPhone by holding the power button down for a while. Restart it back up and try logging back in. I've noticed this fixes mine whenever SSH gets stuck for whatever reason.
thanks for the help. To bad it didn't work. Its the weirdest thing the edge turns back on and SSH turns off. To bad it wasn't the other way around cause without SSH I can't fix my installer problem

Sep 29, 2007
Try this;

Settings>General>Auto-Lock>Never

Then turn SSH On and try it from there. This should help it from turning off.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
does anyone know of an alternative way to get into my iPhone with SSH.
i need to reinstall installer. im usint a pc

thanks

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
If you're not having any luck with the SSH that was installed by the JB process, why not just upgrade it with Open SSH from installer?

I'm on 1.1.3 with the open ssh thats available on installer and I've not had any problems aside from an occasional hiccup in the Services settings.

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
If you're not having any luck with the SSH that was installed by the JB process, why not just upgrade it with Open SSH from installer?

I'm on 1.1.3 with the open ssh thats available on installer and I've not had any problems aside from an occasional hiccup in the Services settings.
well my crashed after i tried to update it..
Im trying to re install installer and ive come across this issure with SHH..
i cant use winSCP to re install installer.
is there any other program out there that will allow me to reinstall installer without SSH.
ive tried ibriker and it doesn't work

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

Why can't I find openSSH on installer? I've refreshed and searched everywhere! Sorry to hijack the thread.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
well my crashed after i tried to update it..
Im trying to re install installer and ive come across this issure with SHH..
i cant use winSCP to re install installer.
is there any other program out there that will allow me to reinstall installer without SSH.
ive tried ibriker and it doesn't work
You can try the Dropbear kit which installs SSH, and from there move installer back on from an ssh connection.

The Dropbear kit is a really old way of getting SSH on to the iPhone, you'll probably need to locate the old iTunes dll files for it to work, and thats if you're on a PC. If you're on a Mac I have no clue how to do it, I was on a PC back then. Theres a lot of tutorials that cover this, look for the 1.0.2 jailbreak threads and installers, I believe they used the Dropkit method for SSH install.

--

In all honesty, you're just better off restoring back down to 1.1.1, then back up to a jailbroken 1.1.2 and finally the soft update back to 1.1.3. It should work especially since you'll know better before you start deleting stuff this time :p

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
You can try the Dropbear kit which installs SSH, and from there move installer back on from an ssh connection.

The Dropbear kit is a really old way of getting SSH on to the iPhone, you'll probably need to locate the old iTunes dll files for it to work, and thats if you're on a PC. If you're on a Mac I have no clue how to do it, I was on a PC back then. Theres a lot of tutorials that cover this, look for the 1.0.2 jailbreak threads and installers, I believe they used the Dropkit method for SSH install.

--

In all honesty, you're just better off restoring back down to 1.1.1, then back up to a jailbroken 1.1.2 and finally the soft update back to 1.1.3. It should work especially since you'll know better before you start deleting stuff this time :p
ya that is probably the best way to go about it..
im not that great with the whole iPhone, unlocking and jb process.
so ill have to take it to the guy who did all that stuff for me.
ever since i update the installer everything just went downhill, but i do appreciate your help and when i get home from work i might attempt your first idea..

Jan 28, 2008
Penguin Panic

Sweet new app from NewAttiPhone.com
add there repository and download Penguin Panic
NewAttiPhone.com/repo.xml

I think its a new and upcoming site

miketl

Bronze
Oct 23, 2007
so someone i know was able to get my installer back on my iPhone. this is a friend of a friend and i paid him.
of course he doesn't tell me how it did it...
anyways.. install is back (newwset version) so i uninstalled services and re installed it..
ssh still does not stay on. i also notice when i try to get my ip address from "drop cop" it says "ip address is offline" has anyone come across this?

i think when i get home from work ill try un installing OPEN SSH and re installing it, but i have no faith in that working out..