SSH won't turn off

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by iErik, Sep 2, 2012.

1. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I did a little searching and couldn't find anything. I discovered tonight that even though SSH shows to be deactivated in SBsettings it is still on since I'm able to connect via WinSCP. I've reinstalled SSH and SBsettings and that hasn't helped. Any ideas? Thanks.

iPhone 4 5.1.1

Erik

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Have you tried hard-resetting the phone? From what you're saying the toggle doesn't work.

Try using ToggleSSH - I don't have a jailbroken phone, so check it's compatibility before you install.

3. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I have done a reset and I also tried "ToggleSSH". ToggleSSH seems to turn it off but then it won't turn it back on. Oye! :confused:

4. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

Hope you have personalised your password from "Alpine" to whatever...? if you have you should not worry that SSH is on all the time...

If your iPhone started to develop problems due to your jailbreak tweaks you may not be able to access the iPhone file structure through SSH because you had turned it off.... Change the password and leave it On;)

5. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Passwords are changed. I just remember everyone used to say to turn it off when not In use because it drains the battery. Is this not the cae anymore? I'm afraid I'm a bit out of touch when it co Ed to this stuff as of late.