SSH won't turn off

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I did a little searching and couldn't find anything. I discovered tonight that even though SSH shows to be deactivated in SBsettings it is still on since I'm able to connect via WinSCP. I've reinstalled SSH and SBsettings and that hasn't helped. Any ideas? Thanks.

iPhone 4 5.1.1

Erik

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Have you tried hard-resetting the phone? From what you're saying the toggle doesn't work.

Try using ToggleSSH - I don't have a jailbroken phone, so check it's compatibility before you install.

fijiman

Contributor
Silver
Feb 13, 2011
UK
I did a little searching and couldn't find anything. I discovered tonight that even though SSH shows to be deactivated in SBsettings it is still on since I'm able to connect via WinSCP. I've reinstalled SSH and SBsettings and that hasn't helped. Any ideas? Thanks.

iPhone 4 5.1.1

Erik
Hope you have personalised your password from "Alpine" to whatever...? if you have you should not worry that SSH is on all the time...

If your iPhone started to develop problems due to your jailbreak tweaks you may not be able to access the iPhone file structure through SSH because you had turned it off.... Change the password and leave it On;)

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Passwords are changed. I just remember everyone used to say to turn it off when not In use because it drains the battery. Is this not the cae anymore? I'm afraid I'm a bit out of touch when it co Ed to this stuff as of late.