SSL error

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Hello ! I keep getting a problem here and there with an SSL error. I am using godaddy mail. If I take the SSL off I cannot check the mail. Anyone familiar with this ?

Thanks
B

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
It wont do it now because I need it to. If I remember correctly it says SSL Error, please make sure your settings are correct or make sure your provider need the SSL. I just sent and received three times and it won't do it mother #@$%^$ !

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Well, if it's working then cool. I've seen forum threads where folks have issues because SSL should only be turned on for Incoming (not Outgoing) on Godaddy mail accounts ....

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
I am still getting the F ' in error. It says SSL problem then as soon as that pops up it send the mail. I am starting to think the mail program they use SUCKS. Sometimes it sends with no problem and sometimes it gives a problem.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I am still getting the F ' in error. It says SSL problem then as soon as that pops up it send the mail. I am starting to think the mail program they use SUCKS. Sometimes it sends with no problem and sometimes it gives a problem.
If Godaddy is just a POP3 account, maybe just set it to forward to a GMail or Yahoo account ...

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
If Godaddy is just a POP3 account, maybe just set it to forward to a GMail or Yahoo account ...
I guess I could do that but I would rather make things work the way they should instead of me having to make the best of it.

bmg97

Bronze
Nov 20, 2007
Well I seem to have solved the problem. It was that I am stupid ! I turned off the SSL and works like it should. Like a new toy all over again :) Thanks for the replys patrickj !