stable IM app?

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
looking for a stable IM app that will support MSN? I currently have MobileLinked which is crap but the best I've found so far, JB phone so not fussed who the app is by so long as it is secure?

Cheers

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I use IM+

It's very good, it's a little pricey but it's worth it in my eyes.

You don't just get MSN accounts, you can even add;

twitter
facebook
Yahoo
google talk
Jabber

So as you can see you've got a lot to play with there. It's a good all rounder.

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
I use IM+

It's very good, it's a little pricey but it's worth it in my eyes.

You don't just get MSN accounts, you can even add;

twitter
facebook
Yahoo
google talk
Jabber

So as you can see you've got a lot to play with there. It's a good all rounder.
only have .use msn, am looking for something stable as what I am currently using constantly crashes and has no way to save and or export the covnersations?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Well IM+ saves your conversations.

I'm sure you can use the native Copy+Paste on the iPhone to paste any conversations into an email...

It seems stable enough to me. I'm not going to deny, when I first updated my firmware to 3.0 i suffered a few crashes but now it's stable.

scott99

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
Great Neck, NYC
I prefer IM+ also. Have Beejive and hated it. IM+ seems so stable. I'm waiting to see if/when Meebo comes out, I liked the Meebo web app a lot.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've been using Fring and the only complaint I have is that I can only use one of my Yahoo IM accounts. Not a big deal. I also have my ICQ, AIM, Skype, MSN, and Google accounts on there as well.

Mar 2, 2009
California
I prefer IM+ also. Have Beejive and hated it. IM+ seems so stable. I'm waiting to see if/when Meebo comes out, I liked the Meebo web app a lot.
Don't hold your breath on Meebo. It might take them a long time to release their app. I was reading some info about the release date on their app and one of the developers said they're still working on a release but have no clue when it will be ready.

Check this link; third response down.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Going to have to throw my 2 cents in for BeeJive as well. I've had it since it came out on the iPhone and have loved it. I've used IM+ and there are a few things I do like, twitter integration and the graphic interface. BeeJive has just been the most stable I've used. Very Happy

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
is their a freebie version of either so I can get a feel for them rather that spending money only to discover it's not what I want?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Check the appstore, there are loads of different things on there you could look at.

Palringo is free, I used it for a short while. It's a lot better than it used to be.

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
ok so Ive downloaded fring, plaringo and nimbuzz? what would be the best way to go about it. Im not thrilled with the idea of creating new accounts?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It's totally safe. I've never had any problems with making an account with them.

If needs be, set your account to 'your' spam email address and forget about it.

lilmz-obsessive

Bronze
May 14, 2009
It's totally safe. I've never had any problems with making an account with them.

If needs be, set your account to 'your' spam email address and forget about it.

no worries, which of those three would be most recommended or is it just personal choice?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
no worries, which of those three would be most recommended or is it just personal choice?
In reference to 'free' apps or for 'paid' apps?

If paid- then i'd hit IM+ straight down the middle.

If free- then i'd Palringo.

^ the free instant messenger apps you may as well experiment with, you may find they suite your needs.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
Palringo kicks beejive in the ass. They are virtually the same program except one is a rip off. I've never had problems with Palringo.

Mar 2, 2009
California
Isn't there a free version of IM+? I could have swore there was a lite version...unless I'm trippin'.