stagnant

Baller

Bronze
Mar 4, 2016
When did this forum become so slow and stagnant? The front page hasn't been updated since December of 2015, there is no forum for the new i OS 10 coming out (hell so many have the beta already with plenty to discuss) I guess everyone went to mac forums instead of rightfully so...this place has dropped off the planet.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
When did this forum become so slow and stagnant? The front page hasn't been updated since December of 2015, there is no forum for the new i OS 10 coming out (hell so many have the beta already with plenty to discuss) I guess everyone went to mac forums instead of rightfully so...this place has dropped off the planet.
Someone asked about the lack of new activity on the front page just the other day. The forum administrator has stated in a post that he will not be publishing any more product reviews there. If I can find the relevant post, I'll update this post so you can read it for yourself from the horse's mouth. I've been searching for that post for the past few minutes but the search tools aren't the best. Wherever that post is, it's quite apparent that it needs to be placed in a more prominent location... perhaps on the front page itself. Update: I've finally found it.

As far as the lack of a subforum for iOS 10, I cannot begin to speculate as to why it hasn't been added yet.

I put in a request for just such a subforum a little over a fortnight ago, and my suggestion was met with the applause and agreement of fellow forum members (you can see the eager Likes and Agrees of excited members immediately below my post), but nothing has happened yet.

Nevertheless, it goes without saying that this recent stagnation throughout the forum will not fix itself, so keep those quality posts comin'!

Last edited:

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's more of a coffee klatch now for the remaining 12 active members or so. My statement may seem a little harsh, but it's the truth. Most of us who know anything tend to get our Apple jollies elsewhere now.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
So, I only visit here to stay in touch with my old EIP friends? I thought it was to keep abreast of the latest trivial issue stuck in Rafagon's craw on any given day.
Ha ha ha.

I think I've got company now, with a certain user complaining about the "very annoying" issue of a flickering iOS dock when rotating the phone's orientation and pulsing noises coming from their devices when charging. So you guys have fun with that for a while. :)

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
It's more of a coffee klatch now for the remaining 12 active members or so. My statement may seem a little harsh, but it's the truth. Most of us who know anything tend to get our Apple jollies elsewhere now.
Now this is sadly true! I get my Apple (jollies) info other places but I check here all the time to see if anyone is posting anything about anything new.

When I finally get my Apple watch I will post about it here. I'm glad I've waited on that. The new one is supposed to be thinner blah blah blah. I shall see.

When I got my iPad Pro 9.7" I had to share my glee with the eiC.

I think when the new iPhone 7 Pro (whatever) comes out we will all be talking up a storm about it. Trade ins, selling old iPhones, new plans, new cases, new colors. It might pick up in here a little.

We, who are constants in here, will continue to hold this forum together as we sip our coffee or tea. :coffee:

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
It's sad to hear this, I joined the forum in 2006, wow it's being 10 years! And remember a time when this forum was hoping. I'm still here often mostly reading and seeing how everyone is doing but do not post much. School has me so busy but this is by far my longest relationship with a forum. I remember I used to be the most annoying poster, an honor that has being taken by certain south FL resident ;)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's sad to hear this, I joined the forum in 2006, wow it's being 10 years! And remember a time when this forum was hoping. I'm still here often mostly reading and seeing how everyone is doing but do not post much. School has me so busy but this is by far my longest relationship with a forum. I remember I used to be the most annoying poster, an honor that has being taken by certain south FL resident ;)
You are far from being the most annoying poster here since I joined in 2007. I won't recite the list, but the folks who have been here a long time will probably know who I'm talking about.

And didn't you also join in 2007? You have the same join date that I do.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
You are far from being the most annoying poster here since I joined in 2007. I won't recite the list, but the folks who have been here a long time will probably know who I'm talking about.

And didn't you also join in 2007? You have the same join date that I do.
Yes 2007 yes! Wow almost 10 years Naps. Honestly I dread the day this forum passes on... I used to be a regular at this other forum "evilbible" (long story don't ask) and was disappointed when the owner closed the forum. I tend to get attached to these virtual communities for some reason.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Remember OJsakilla? Swagger? Pepe? Psylichon? Hayesimus? The forum often seemed on the edge of imploding during some of those exchanges. :D

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Remember OJsakilla? Swagger? Pepe? Psylichon? Hayesimus? The forum often seemed on the edge of imploding during some of those exchanges. :D
Yes! Didn't Psylichon leave a few times and went to android only to come back hahahah those screen names bring back some crazy memories hahahahaha

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes 2007 yes! Wow almost 10 years Naps. Honestly I dread the day this forum passes on... I used to be a regular at this other forum "evilbible" (long story don't ask) and was disappointed when the owner closed the forum. I tend to get attached to these virtual communities for some reason.
Same thing happened to me with a forum for reef tanks that I used to spend a lot of time on. I left a year or so before they went under because I got out of the hobby, but I tried to go back a few times after that and, while the Wayback Machine worked initially for loading old versions of it, it no longer finds the site. Sometimes I just want to see some of my old posts about the chemistry involved in saltwater tanks or even read some of our old off topic conversations about Tesla and Edison, but they are gone for good and that makes me sad.

I love eiC and I think we have a great small group of regulars here and some good conversations. I've always been drawn to the smaller, more close-knit forums, where you get to know people on a first-name basis. Hopefully, we'll be up and running for a long time (as long as there are iPhones).

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes! Didn't Psylichon leave a few times and went to android only to come back hahahah those screen names bring back some crazy memories hahahahaha
Nope. He only left once and that was a while after he got an Android. He's still using Androids.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Same thing happened to me with a forum for reef tanks that I used to spend a lot of time on. I left a year or so before they went under because I got out of the hobby, but I tried to go back a few times after that and, while the Wayback Machine worked initially for loading old versions of it, it no longer finds the site. Sometimes I just want to see some of my old posts about the chemistry involved in saltwater tanks or even read some of our old off topic conversations about Tesla and Edison, but they are gone for good and that makes me sad.

I love eiC and I think we have a great small group of regulars here and some good conversations. I've always been drawn to the smaller, more close-knit forums, where you get to know people on a first-name basis. Hopefully, we'll be up and running for a long time (as long as there are iPhones).
Yes Europa I think as long as there are iPhones we shall survive here, I particularly enjoy the new release and tracking posts when people go bananas about when they are receiving their new toy :D

diverdown

Contributor
Silver
Sep 12, 2007
NYC
I shared details here. For those who enjoy the forum, I'm continuing to pay the server bills each month. :D
Chris, Are you over at iMore now? I've heard Rene mention your name on a few of there podcasts.....

This used to be my go to site for news and discussions around jailbreaking. I still lurk on the forums as I think this forum has the best members who are always willing to help out others.

~S