Stanza, Best eBook Format

Sep 14, 2008
I have this, and have transferred a few books to the phone from the PC, however, the PDF files look rubbish and just show as a complete block of text, the chapters just contine rather than being separated etc.

Was just wondering what the best format was in terms of displaying on the iPhone as the PDF ones look poo. Also, can you convert the PDF into another format so that the original layout etc is shown as it should be when transfered to the phone.

Last question, is there any way of adding book covers to any ebooks? Or editing the main title text in the ebook?

Sep 19, 2008
how did you transfer

how did you transfer the books from pc to i phone.is it using a wireless connection. i have been trying hard for this.please explain the procedure

Sep 14, 2008
You download the Pc application from the stanza website, then you open the book on the of using the app, enable sharing in one of the menu options (can't remember which one and am at work). Then open the app on your phone, go to shares books, any books that are open on the Pc will be listed. If when you open the Pc app, youget an error message about Bonjour, you need to uninstall it, restart the Pc and install it again.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I love stanza:laugh2:
-Because oddly enough it has motivated to start reading again(havnt read a book by "myself" since 4th grade) Lol! Currently Im reading "The Art of War" and a few other oriental subjected books:laugh2:

Sep 14, 2008
There are loads off eBooks if you type FreeBookSpot in google. :cool:

Sep 19, 2008
bob i don't have a wifi connection.In India we don't have it.Is there any other means to transfer my books stored in pc to iPhone. i am eagerly waiting for a positive replay

Sep 14, 2008
No way I am aware of, developers army allowed to use the USB connection, so wifi is the only way. However you might be able to upload the book to a storage site and then maybe add it via the URL option, I haven't tried it though.

Sep 14, 2008
that was supposed to say arnt allowed, not army. Thanks predictive text lol.