Starbucks? BS!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007

You can buy any tune you hear in a Starbucks with one touch? Who gives a flying fig?!:mad: I sure as hell don't!

AND Starbucks charges for Wi-Fi access?!?!? Luh-HAME! Oh, but, iTunes Store can be accessed for free! Gee, how nice!

I'm going to barf now.

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
You can buy any tune you hear in a Starbucks with one touch? Who gives a flying fig?!:mad: I sure as hell don't!

AND Starbucks charges for Wi-Fi access?!?!? Luh-HAME!
It's all about the Benjamins' Bay Bay...

I totally agree. I now have a phone that has a beautiful touch screen, built in iPod that can't IM or copy/paste...priorities, priorities...

Dawgfan

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Oh...
Seattle - Oct 2nd.
San Fran - Nov 7th.
LA - Feb 2008
Chicago - March 2008
Everybody else....late 2008 to 2009...

wow, just awesome announcement...

Copy/Paste - 2011.

Valaquenta

Jul 16, 2007
Starbucks BS, all about the Peet's coffee and Tea.

R.I.P Alfred peet, last wednesday

(PS) starbucks originated from peet's coffee.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Starbucks coffee beans are laced with crack. I know people who get violent headaches if they switch brands for even one day! :mad:

Jul 14, 2007
It actually sounds kind of cool to me. But a few problems:

I'll have to wait until 2009

They sometimes have good music (like the doors)
but I either already own or could easily get that music from somewhere else, so why starbucks

I hate starbucks, I hate coffe, but that's just part of the reason, it's that damn tall grande whatever thing, can I just have a medium drink

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Is it just Starbucks? Or any spot that there is wifi? The Apple site makes it sound like both.

coryt87

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah this is a lame feature, and from the live blogs i was reading, they really were trying to make this like a HUGE deal. Who cares? Just google the lyrics later and ***** steal the music at home. And I am never in a starbucks so **** that. If they could do this in, say, an elevator and their radio, I'd be on a different side of the argument then.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Yeah, I agree... totally goofy. I've never been a coffee drinker and I certainly have no desire to begin drinking coffee so I can download Starbucks play lists. :)

As long as the iTunes works on every other WiFi network, I'm happy.

rob22

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
This is what the iPhone site says. I think that the Starbucks thing is in addition to it.

Six million songs. To go.

Music happens. Even if you’re not at home to download it. But with the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store on iPhone, it won’t happen without you. Later this month, just find yourself a Wi-Fi hot spot and tap the iTunes button. You can browse, search, preview, buy, and instantly download music to your iPhone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverado

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Apple does. They care a lot about making money. I share the same sentiment as you, though. Sigh. Big whoop-de-doo about buying songs from my iPhone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
It actually sounds kind of cool to me. But a few problems:

I'll have to wait until 2009

They sometimes have good music (like the doors)
but I either already own or could easily get that music from somewhere else, so why starbucks

I hate starbucks, I hate coffe, but that's just part of the reason, it's that damn tall grande whatever thing, can I just have a medium drink
Lmao! No kiddin'!

I do like starbucks coffee though, could care less about their music though.